Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Break-In Period for new Malibu VTX...

cbixby

Does anyone know what the break-in period is for a new 2007 VTX, and possibly a complete maintenance schedule.

I am super pumped to start wakebaording behind this thing but don't want to break something in the process...

Any help would be great appreciated!

Thanks

Chance ~

Edited by cbixby
Welcome.gif

Did you receive a manual with the boat? Should be one from Malibu and one from Indmar.

Agree. This has specific break in schedules for your particular engine. I was informed by my Malibu dealership that they can download historical engine stats should a warranty repair ever require review of the break in period. Their advice was to follow the recommendations.

Welcome.gif

Did you receive a manual with the boat? Should be one from Malibu and one from Indmar.

Agree. This has specific break in schedules for your particular engine. I was informed by my Malibu dealership that they can download historical engine stats should a warranty repair ever require review of the break in period. Their advice was to follow the recommendations.

I have not received the boat yet so I don't know. I did download the document from indmar as stated above which gave me all the information I needed, so when I get the boat hopefully it will have the manual with it and I will be that far ahead once I get it.

Thanks again!

yeah, the manual is where its at.

As far as them basing their decision to fix something covered under warranty based on engine stats from the breakin period, no worries. That will not happen.

Vary the speeds the first 10 hours - no pulling anything during this time. that's really about it.

Take it to the dealer after 10 hours and they will have some work to do.

i just did this a few months ago....

yeah, the manual is where its at.

As far as them basing their decision to fix something covered under warranty based on engine stats from the breakin period, no worries. That will not happen.

Vary the speeds the first 10 hours - no pulling anything during this time. that's really about it.

Take it to the dealer after 10 hours and they will have some work to do.

i just did this a few months ago....

I talked with the dealer they said 5 hours... I think I am going to go somewhere in the middle... I don't know how long I can take it just looking at that wake behind the boat!!

Yahoo.gif

unless the boat already has 5 hours on it your dealer is confused.

10hrs is on the low side. somewhere in the middle would be between 10 and 20 hrs.

make is easy on your self and take the day off work. go out real early in the morning. fit 10 hrs into 1 day and drop it back at the dealer. that way you don't have to wait long.

You may want to read the manual again. . .

"Avoid fast accelerations and don't carry or pull a heavy load." That isn't quite the same as "no pulling anything." After a few hours of operation you should be able to pull a skier or boarder as long as you don't hammer it out of the hole. Dealers/promo guys use the boats for skiing/boarding relatively quickly.

Book also says:

"First hour, under 2000 RPM, vary throttle continuously.

Second hour, under 3000 RPM, vary throttle regularly.

Next five hours, under 4000 RPM, vary throttle regularly."

You may want to read the manual again. . .

"Avoid fast accelerations and don't carry or pull a heavy load." That isn't quite the same as "no pulling anything." After a few hours of operation you should be able to pull a skier or boarder as long as you don't hammer it out of the hole. Dealers/promo guys use the boats for skiing/boarding relatively quickly.

Book also says:

All great advice!

Thanks everyone... I think I will take it easy till about the 5 - 10 hour mark, bring it back into the dealer get the maintenance, take it back out and rip it.

Thanks!

Thumbup.gif

Book also says:

Thats how I did mine, at 7.5 hours I took a ski run, and at 9 i pulled a small tube. No wedge down or ballast yet...that will happen this week at the cabin!