Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

beeping noise won't stop please help

Probably a bad oil pressure sending unit, cheap fix. Pull the wire off the larger one (two are located above the oil filter) and see if the beeping goes away.

-Chris

Probably a bad oil pressure sending unit, cheap fix. Pull the wire off the larger one (two are located above the oil filter) and see if the beeping goes away.

-Chris

thanks I did that and the beeping stopped. Then after we were in the water for a bit it kept beeping again. What else does that alarm going off mean?

-Chris

thanks I did that and the beeping stopped. Then after we were in the water for a bit it kept beeping again. What else does that alarm going off mean?

I had the upper water hose come off, fixed it soon enough for no over heating but after restarting it did that beeping everytime after running for about a minute, the dealer fixed it by resetting the code in the computer - no problems since.

If it isn't the sending unit then check the fuses...inline fuses as well...I had the same issue two summers ago. Good Luck.

• 4 weeks later...

My 2003 Sunsetter started doing that yesterday. I have the LS1 motor, do you guys think it is caused by the same? My oil pressure gauge is working fine.

My 2003 Sunsetter started doing that yesterday. I have the LS1 motor, do you guys think it is caused by the same? My oil pressure gauge is working fine.

could be the low oil pressue switch too. my pressure gauge is fine, pulled the wire off of the oil pressue switch, and the beeping stopped. replaced the switch, and all is fine.

Had mine going off for about an hour once last year during Seafair. I'd been running the stereo pretty hard for a few hours with the engine off and had the cable to the main electrical dist. block running off my stereo battery. I guess it was a low battery warning cause when I moved that cable over to my starting battery it quit.

Only two things bring in that alarm, the low oil pressure switch, and the transmission high temperature switch. Both are inputs to the ECM and the alarm is the resulting output. If you do not have an ECM then they are directly hardwired to the alarm. Either, one of those switches are bad, or, you have a problem in one of those two areas. If your oil pressure gauge is reading normal, and both switches are good, I would keep an eye on your trans. temp. Chances are you have a bad switch since they are designed to fail closed, which brings in the alarm. This way you know you have a failure.

Only two things bring in that alarm, the low oil pressure switch, and the transmission high temperature switch. Both are inputs to the ECM and the alarm is the resulting output. If you do not have an ECM then they are directly hardwired to the alarm. Either, one of those switches are bad, or, you have a problem in one of those two areas. If your oil pressure gauge is reading normal, and both switches are good, I would keep an eye on your trans. temp. Chances are you have a bad switch since they are designed to fail closed, which brings in the alarm. This way you know you have a failure.

I'm no electrician or mechanic for that matter but I had my audible alarm go off two years ago and it was an in-line fuse...which was found after a new MMDC and sending unit where put in. I agree that low oil pressure and high transmission set off the alarm but can't high engine temp do it as well??? Good luck with the fix.

Wow, this information is great guys, thanks a ton! I'll look into those areas. Now, just trying to rule things out...

So, when it is idling in neutral the beep does not occur. When I put it in neutral and rev the engine, as soon as i pass the idle point it starts to beep. So basically it happens whether the trans is engaged or not. Does this mean that it is not due to high transmission temp or it is not the trans temp switch? I just worry that I continued to run the boat with a damaging trans temp. Does this additional info help narrow it down between the two possibilities? I would guess that since oil pressure would increase as soon as I start to rev the engine, it is that switch. What do you guys think?

I'll also check the fuses. Thanks!!

. . . guess my assumption that it was a low battery/inadequate charge was incorrect. Dontknow.gif Strange, though, never happened before and hasn't since and only started when I fired the boat up after blarin' the stereo hard for a couple hours...

• 1 year later...

I am getting the same alarm and it only happens when I have the amp on running the subs and tower speaker loud for a while. If I turn of the engine and back on again with the amp off the beeping never returns. So I have to disagree with it not having an alarm for low battery/ insufficient charging etc. I thinking one of my batteries is bad and isn't charging properly. I did find that my alt was bad and replaced, but after adding the blue sea add a batery systen I'm still getting beep. Going to look at the batteries next.

Jeff and others, your newer boats do indeed have an alarm and fault code for low battery. And I think you also have a dashboard warning system too. This thread and replies were directed at a guy with a 10 year old boat. They have upgrade the computers in the boat twice since 1999 and added a lot more capabilities.

Edited by electricjohn

My 1999 Malibu Wakesetter won't stop beeping the way it beeps when you first turn it on. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks

I had this problem with my '99 last year and someone on this site helped me out. It was simply my depth gauge needed to be reset after it had gone into alarm after being in shallow water in a river. Its worth a look !

I had a similar problem on my 03 RLXi. I corrected it by checking the cannon plug. The main electrical plug that looks like a trailer light plug. Once I checked it and made sure everthing was connected properly I never had another problem.

I had a similar problem on my 03 RLXi. I corrected it by checking the cannon plug. The main electrical plug that looks like a trailer light plug. Once I checked it and made sure everthing was connected properly I never had another problem.

Where is that located? Engine Compartment or uner dash?