Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Water in engine

A friend forgot to replace plugs and ended up getting water in his Vortec engine(06' 247 wakesetter), we have drained the oil and it was full of water & "milky". Any advise on what the next step is? Should I wait until monday and take it to a dealer or should be doing something before then? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.....

If it were mine I would go buy enough cheap oil to change it two or three times to flush it until it is no longer milky along with a filter and then do a final oul change with the good stuff and filter. Dont forget to check the tranny for water also and flush. Or take it and have it done if you don't fell comfortable with it

How long did the water sit in the eng?

How did the water get in?

Did the eng run with the water in it?

Things you can do.

Spay WD 40 in each cyl to lube them up and it will help push/flush water down to the pan. You can also turn the eng over with no plugs in if you like.

pour a quart of oil in and let it drain out over night.

Change filter

After changing oil and filter the first time, let run for a few min. Shut off and check oil condition, if milky change oil and filter again. If only a little change run for 10 more min and change oil and filter. Repeat this step untell oil looks normal. Then run the boat (checking the oil condition often) for 5-10 hours and change the oil again. If you find Milky oil before the 5hrs change oil.

CYA or should I say CMA. If the eng has been sitting for a long time with the water in the pan you may want to take a few more steps.

A friend forgot to replace plugs and ended up getting water in his Vortec engine

Yeah,

I don't understand how water got in the engine either. Can you be more specific?

A friend forgot to replace plugs and ended up getting water in his Vortec engine

Yeah,

I don't understand how water got in the engine either. Can you be more specific?

Thanks for the advise so far!

We are not sure how the water got in the engine, However I changed the Oil and tried to back it in to the lake to run engine, water stated pouring out of a elbow joint where a Hose should have been connected, about a 1 inch hose near the top of the engine. I re-connected the hose and also connected the other other end of the hose to a plastic "Y" joint (water was pouring out when the engine was not started). Then we could not get the engine started(would not turn over) however we banged the starter and finally it started. So now I think the stater needs to be replaced. Just another gong show long weekend!

The hoses you refer to are the heater hoses. Perhaps the angle of the boat as you backed it in allowed water from elsewhere to reach the barb?