Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Plans smashed by rain again....

chrisallenhogs

Beaver Lake, AR. Plans to hit the lake both days this weekend. Saturday is all but rained out. Plus the baby is sick. I can't seem to catch a break.

That was us last summer. We bought our boat in May and got rained out till about September. Then my boy was born. At least we are getting good weather this summer. :)

I'm leaving in a few hours to head down to Table Rock Lake around the Shell Knob area. Hopefully we have a good week there. I saw that there is a little rain forecasted.

We had that kind of luck the summer we took delivery (03). Seemed to rain every weekend, local lake was high, so no wakes allowed. On vacation it rained 17 of the 21 days we were there. Had to ski in the rain and only got 50 hrs on the new boat. Worst yet, we were camping. On the good side, every summer since has been great. Last year, 21 days of camping on the lake and only 10 minutes of rain.

I'll be at Beaver next week. Make sure you have some good weather waiting for me. Thumbup.gif

Superjet,

Where are you coming in from? The water is high so be prepared. Also, I counted 32 jetskis in a cove today, be prepared for that. It's like the waverat capitol of the world. I'm assuming you are talking July 4th weekend. where will you launch from.

Chris

We had that kind of luck the summer we took delivery (03). Seemed to rain every weekend, local lake was high, so no wakes allowed. On vacation it rained 17 of the 21 days we were there. Had to ski in the rain and only got 50 hrs on the new boat. Worst yet, we were camping. On the good side, every summer since has been great. Last year, 21 days of camping on the lake and only 10 minutes of rain.

Yes.gif We didn't get to the lake until around 2pm yesterday, & the thunderstorms rolled in about an hour later. It was pretty crowded, but the thunder & lightning drove most off, then the showers finished the job. We skirted the storm until the skies opened up, but it was still in the 80's & my 13 year old was absolutely tearing it up on the board in the downpour. People were making a mad dash for the ramp, but it only lasted about 20 minutes & by the time it was done we had a glassy lake all to ourselves. A fantastic day.

I'll be at Beaver next week. Make sure you have some good weather waiting for me. Thumbup.gif

Superjet,

Where are you coming in from? The water is high so be prepared. Also, I counted 32 jetskis in a cove today, be prepared for that. It's like the waverat capitol of the world. I'm assuming you are talking July 4th weekend. where will you launch from.

Chris

We'll be driving in from Kansas. We're staying near Starkey Marina....probably launch from there.