Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

looking to purchase a 03 21xti

elkinsmotorsports

Me and my wife are looking at upgrading from our 06 bayliner to a 03 21 xti wakesetter with 270 hrs. Can you guys give me some stuff to look out for or any known problems that these boats have. I am new to the direct drive setup wondering what everybody thinks. Thanks in advance maybe a new bu owner soon. Yahoo.gif

Me and my wife are looking at upgrading from our 06 bayliner to a 03 21 xti wakesetter with 270 hrs. Can you guys give me some stuff to look out for or any known problems that these boats have. I am new to the direct drive setup wondering what everybody thinks. Thanks in advance maybe a new bu owner soon. Yahoo.gif

Nice boat, especially if you have kids.

Take it out & test drive it. Run it at speed, reverse, ski behind it, etc. Maybe even have a mechanic look it over.

I looked at an 03 XTI here in Spokane up on Deer Lake last summer. The gal said it was in great shape. But a lot of things didn't add up. The boat had all kind of wakeboard & surfing decals all over it, yet she said she was a slalom skier. The stereo wasn't working right. Other details in the boat weren't right. I figured maybe she had gotten a loan for a boyfriend to buy a boat & then the relationship didn't work out. Even though the boat seemed to run good, the bottom line is if you don't get that warm fuzzy feeling, don't do it.

I second the having the mechanic take a look at it. Go put that boat through the ringer. Its a buyers market and that seller needs to do whatever you want.