Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Closed bow ski boats...

1FootDan

Closed Bow Ski boats  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that Malibu should keep closed-bow boats in their model line-up?

• No, they do not have enough volume.
    • Yes, I prefer closed bow.
    • Yes, to keep in line with competitors who offer at least one closed-bow model.
    • Yes, all ski/performance series models should be made available with the closed bow option.
    • Yes, all models should be made available with the closed bow option.
    • Don't give a crap, but want to see the answers...
  2. 2. Have you ever owned a close-bow boat?

• Yes, I prefer closed bow
    • Yes, but prefer open bow
    • Yes, and I have no preference between open or closed bow.
    • No, but would consider buying one is I had the oportunity
    • No, does not interest me at all
    • No, and I have no preference between open or closed bow.
    • Never owned a boat but want to see the results.
  3. 3. Would you consider buying a closed bow boat in the future?

• Yes, but I don't really have a preference.
    • Yes, for me it's closed bow or nothing. If Malibu can't supply me with a new one, I will change brand.
    • Yes, for me it's closed bow or nothing. If Malibu can't supply me with a new one, I will buy a used Malibu.
    • No, because the models that interest me are not available in the closed bow version.
    • No, I like closed bow but am worried about re-sale value
    • No, for me it's open bow or nothing
    • No, unless I would have a super deal on one
    • No, I am not considering buying any boat but would like to see the results...

martinarcher
Sweeeeet! Clean looking too! (Sans the side decals) (ditto for mine)

I had the boat shipped without any graphics. The sides are still rolled up in a tube. I don't think we're going to put them on.

Good choice. It looks so clean. Nice clean looking Ford too! I like it! Great looking rig.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1FootDan

• M3Fan

• SmoothWaterMan

• Sixball

That is a great looking boat GT! Is it the same width and hull as the LXI? Have you had a chance to ski behind her yet? I would love to hear what your thoughts are regarding the wake and how she handles through the course.

Cheers,

Gibbo

The reason we originally went with the closed bow was for storage. When I would go to Powell I would have a knee board, wake board, three slalom skis, Sky Ski, and all of our wet suits and vests all in compartments with nothing at all on the floor of the boat.

Toys21.jpg

martinarcher
Sweeeeet! Clean looking too! (Sans the side decals) (ditto for mine)

I had the boat shipped without any graphics. The sides are still rolled up in a tube. I don't think we're going to put them on.

Good choice. It looks so clean. Nice clean looking Ford too! I like it! Great looking rig.

Thank-you. My poor truck is starting to show its age though. There are some rust issues to take care of. It did, however, turn over 300,000 coming up the boat landing today while it extracted my boat for 10,000th time Rockon.gif

Wow - congrats on the 300k mark. If that's what the odometer reads that is an even better looking truck. Thumbup.gif I hear you about the rust. It's a job to keep ahead of it here in PA with the amount of road salt we see in the winters. We've had several beat 200k, but not one with 300k......yet. Thumbup.gif

• 2 months later...

Thanks GT;

I was thinking an '07 Anniversary Edition Response (CB) would have been a great addition to the existing fleet ('87 and '97 CBs - both rare boats).

I suppose I could fill the playpen with ... something.

1. I'm jealous of the water time you get and the guys you get to ski with.

2. You now own my favorite boat ever put to water. I love the old Response and Response LX. I think they were the most ergonomically perfect, driver friendly boats ever made starting in 2001, and that handling is trumped only by the Sporty.

I almost pulled the trigger on an absolutely mint '00 Response CB last month, but I just don't know if I have the time to use it right now. :(

1. I'm jealous of the water time you get and the guys you get to ski with.

2. You now own my favorite boat ever put to water. I love the old Response and Response LX. I think they were the most ergonomically perfect, driver friendly boats ever made starting in 2001, and that handling is trumped only by the Sporty.

I almost pulled the trigger on an absolutely mint '00 Response CB last month, but I just don't know if I have the time to use it right now. :(

Its my favorite too, drove it this morning and I LOVE it!

Hey, how close are you to Oshkosh?

Just a shade over an hour. Lunch is on me if you're up that way.