Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 Malibu Response Lx Ignition Timinig

Hey Guys, 2004 Malibu Response LX with an Indmar 325hp 350 5.7 V8 Vortec. Recently replaced spark plugs/wires/distributor cap/rotor, and was going to throw a timing light on there to check and make sure ignition timing is still in spec.

Wondeing if this 350 timing spec is the same as the ones in chevy trucks, 0 degrees BTDC. If not, what should the ignition timing be set at?

Also whats the process of placing this motor in Base timing? I know on GM trucks, unplug the tan wire near the distributer. Wondering if this motor is the same way. I havn't really looked to see if it has the same tan wire.

Thanks for any advice you guys can give me, I really appreciate it!

Edited by tblake

Base timing is 10*BTDC. To get to base timing you have to jump out the A and B pin on the ALDC. Engine will go to base timing and idle will lncrease to 1000 RPM.

Thank you so much for your help! I'm stupid on boats completly, where is the ALDC located exactly?

How do I know what two pins are A and B?

Thanks again!