Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 Throttle Issue-Not good news

Some of you guys must have some SLOW dealers. Although, they have to wait on ZF marine to send replacement parts..so... :unsure:

My Cousin's 2008 was fixed just this morning. He got a letter from them June 27th.

I had to meet the Dealer at the dock to give him the key. The throttle body took 2 minutes to replace. 4 screws, unhooked 2 wiring harnesses. Put on new throttle body, Started motor, shift forward, shift reverse...DONE.

The guy who came and fixed it said he had 3 more to do and then he was done. They guaranteed all their Customers they would have them done before the 4th. Looks like he will make it. Thumbup.gif

To see his boat, it is about the 21st one down.

<a href="http://morselakeinboards.com/pics.aspx" target="_blank">http://morselakeinboards.com/pics.aspx</a>

The Deiser Family with their 2008 Response LXI

Edited by areamike
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VinRLX

• Matt_Alger

• MalibuTime

• liljohn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dealer fixed my throttle yesterday. Says there is no button to disengage drive, so can't rev it up out of gear. Supposedly not necessary with fuel injected electronic systems. My boat has started every time in neutral with key with no problems

Mine always starts in neutral. In fact, I don't think it will start in F or R even with the neutral button pushed in. However, I do sometimes use the button to add a few revs during warm up or to get more water circulation for the heater. Really wish the fix didn't need to take away that feature.

How many of you would let this guy work on your throttle???

post-30-1215221412_thumb.jpg

Yeah, that's what I thought. He arrived the evening of the 3rd, but it was too dark to work on the boat, so he slept in a van down by the river. Today he was in my boat and almost done before I could say take your f'in shoes off. Crazy.gif This was just in time for an early morning run on the 4th of July. Clap.gifThumbup.gif

The pic is our very own SmoothWaterMan. After replacing the throttle, Peter used our early morning glass for several barefoot runs before clowning for the kids off the boom.

THANKS PETER!

What? No comments??? I thought you guys would be jumping all over this clown.

Or maybe all the throttles are fixed now and no one has gone back to this thread? :lol:

I will let others comment on Peter... Although after talking to Peter the authority on Malibu on the phone a few times and reading his many posts, this picture puts him in a new light... Glad to see him having fun on the water vs the web!

We have several Throttle Strings going so I am adding this in a couple of them. Has anyone else had a Catalyst Temp Sensor fail since the Throttle Fix? We have 3 documented cases the first time out after the "fix" under the following topic:

Engine Fault-Service Required

Monsoon 340 (2008) Problem

So far we have 4 issues with the new throttle:

- No ability to rev the engine while not in gear - Definite Issue

- The speed drifts with the new throttle - At least 2 docummented cases

- Less ability for Malibu Cruise to hold precise speed - At least 2 docummente cases

- Likely connection with failed Catalyst Temp Sensors after Throttle Replacement - At least 3 documented cases

Or maybe all the throttles are fixed now and no one has gone back to this thread? :lol:

HA!

My Cousins throttle was replaced and now the "Warm-up Idle button" does not work. Mad.gif

HA!

My Cousins throttle was replaced and now the "Warm-up Idle button" does not work. Mad.gif

It doesn't work because Malibu allowed them to lock it in place as the fix! They need to change that.

HA!

It doesn't work because Malibu allowed them to lock it in place as the fix! They need to change that.

Yup.

• 4 years later...

I have a 07 LSV that stuck in full throttle over the weekend. I immediately shut off the ignition but the shifter wouldn't come back up at all. We eventually got the boat back to the dock and disassembled the shifter. Once we removed the pull knob that allows you to rev the motor with out putting it in gear it worked again. I used the boat the rest of the weekend with out incident. Do you think this is related?