Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Check out this new Malibu boat???

Cory

Pissed or Flattered?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Should Malibu be pissed or flattered?

• Pissed
    • Flattered
  2. 2. Does this diminish Malibu's brand recognition?

• Yes
    • No

Wow, first the picklefork with Mastercraft, now the illusion tower.... Tige must have a low budget in the R&D department.

As pertaining to the pickle fork , Mastercraft copyed cobalt, who copyed Chris Craft and Glastrons from the early 1960s, as I made comments earlyer every boat out there is a copy of some boat of the past.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cory

• FIC

• VinRLX

• NorCaliBu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before deciding on the Malibu we tested the Tige as well:

The Malibu is a much better boat, however there were some great things on the Tige.

The vent seat is very comfortable and allows for air to circulate.

There are small ice chests on the back of the Tige which could be accessed from the swim platform which could come in handy.

The front seats of the bow lift up giving front access to the storage under the drivers seat and dash.

As for the towers go we were told that Metcalf came up with a new design for Malibu but Malibu decided to take their production of the towers overseas to save money so Tige picked up the metcalf tower design.

I think it is a great compliment if someone/something wants to be like you. :)

MetCRAFT Yes.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Tige has to copy the best. I live 170 miles from the Tige plant and have been on an in-depth tour when a customer of mine used to work there. Tige's build quality is junk, and there's no comparison. Malibu should be flattered that Tige decided to copy the tower that they released in 2004. It doesn't diminish the Malibu at all because it's still a Malibu. :) Putting some wide fenders on a C6 Corvette doesn't make it a Z06, but I'm partial on that, too. ;)

Tiges are nice to look at, but once you drive/ride/pull with one vs. a Malibu your decision will be easy. I know mine was!

Trevor

Tige has to copy the best. I live 170 miles from the Tige plant and have been on an in-depth tour when a customer of mine used to work there. Tige's build quality is junk, and there's no comparison. Malibu should be flattered that Tige decided to copy the tower that they released in 2004. It doesn't diminish the Malibu at all because it's still a Malibu. :) Putting some wide fenders on a C6 Corvette doesn't make it a Z06, but I'm partial on that, too. ;)

Tiges are nice to look at, but once you drive/ride/pull with one vs. a Malibu your decision will be easy. I know mine was!

Trevor

To what do you base your years of testing experinece on , working on, riding behind, riding in , personal ownership, all of the above ? To say that any brand is junk is a bold statment that needs data to back it up, I can understand personal preferance, opinion, but working on and using in competition all of the various brands , I find they all have their pros and cons, and all dependable with proper care.