Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Beeping coming from dash

I just got off the water after a normal wakeboarding session and during the last pull, my boat starting making wierd beeping noises. In the past, once in a while, if there is a really heavy boarder, I will start out hot, and there will be a 3 beep warning, but then immediately it goes away once the rider is up. This has happened a few times, but not too often.

Today, at the end of the day, the same three beep came back, but this time it was constant, even with Perfect Pass/Digital Pro turned off and nobody wakeboarding, where it would beep three times, then pause for 3-4 seconds, beep three times, pause 3-4 seconds, then on and on and on. Wierd thing was, as soon as I hit 30 mph, the beeping was completely constant. Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep....every 1 second and on and on, but as soon as I dipped below 30 to 29 mph, back to three beeps, then 3-4 seconds, then 3 beeps.

I played with perfect pass-nothing. All temperature, oil pressure gauages--everything looks normal.

Any ideas or help?? Thanks!!

You have a bad oil pressure switch. It is located on the side of the motor next to the oil filter. There is a brown wire attached to it. Also on the "T" is a larger (3/4-1") cylinder thing that is the oil pressure sending unit, which, if the gauge is reading properly, won't be the issue. If you simply unplug the brown wire from the OP switch and the alarm goes away, BINGO. Very easy to test and nearly as easy to replace.

My money is on the switch...VERY common.

Hope this helps,

Edited by WaveMake'nLSV
You have a bad oil pressure switch. It is located on the side of the motor next to the oil filter. There is a brown wire attached to it. Also on the "T" is a larger (3/4-1") cylinder thing that is the oil pressure sending unit, which, if the gauge is reading properly, won't be the issue. If you simply unplug the brown wire from the OP switch and the alarm goes away, BINGO. Very easy to test and nearly as easy to replace.

My money is on the switch...VERY common.

Hope this helps,

Awesome--thank you! Where can I pick up one of those parts at? Will Napa or someplace like that have it, or will I need to order especially for a boat? I have an 03 Wakesetter VLX.

If you have oil pressure at the gauge, I would just go to the lake and unplug the brown wire as described. If it goes away, you instantly know the issue. This has come up quite a bit lately and there are a couple threads on the forum about it. But I am unaware of any cross-reference with NAPA. My dealer mailed me one for about $35 or so. Not too bad. Unplug and verify first and then you will know.

ICBW, as I had a similar alarm that went off when my transmission temp sensor went out last summer. But my first guess is the OP switch. Seems like that warning is just a NON-specific general warning. If it is REALLY bad, the ECM will put you in SAFE mode and you will only be able to idle back to shore.

Since it hasn't done that to you, it is likey just a sensor.

Awesome--thank you! Where can I pick up one of those parts at? Will Napa or someplace like that have it, or will I need to order especially for a boat? I have an 03 Wakesetter VLX.