Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

3 Questions

Guest J-Ro

In case you missed the title, I have 3 questions.

1) Does anyone know how to fix the ballast gauge? My front ballast gauge never registers anything.

2) Does anyone know how to adjust the speedos on an 06 LSV? I need to adjust both the Malibu Cruise and the actual speedometer as they are 2 mph fast.

3) Does anyone have any extra tower plugs that they don't need? I am missing a number of them for the speaker mounts.

Thanks

J

J,

If the ballast gauge isn't registering, I'd be concerned that the sending unit in the tank is bad. You could always check at the tank for a frayed wire or something similar.

You can adjust the speed control through the setup menu. It's easiest if you have the manual, that's how we had to do it. If you don't have that, I think that I've got the pdf somewhere that I can email you. I think Malibudude's boat needs it too, it felt fast over the weekend. Seems to be a common thing from the factory.

I also might have a few plugs, but I'll have to check when I get home.

If Stewart doesnt come up with enough plugs, I know I have the ones I removed when I installed the speakers. As for adjusting the speedo, I can look in the manual because I know I adjusted mine once.

J,

If the ballast gauge isn't registering, I'd be concerned that the sending unit in the tank is bad. You could always check at the tank for a frayed wire or something similar.

You can adjust the speed control through the setup menu. It's easiest if you have the manual, that's how we had to do it. If you don't have that, I think that I've got the pdf somewhere that I can email you. I think Malibudude's boat needs it too, it felt fast over the weekend. Seems to be a common thing from the factory.

We use the GPS to determine that it in fact was 2mph fast, we didn't have time to adjust it yet but will be working on it soon.

From the manual

MPH/RPM

Your dash display can also be set to display boat running speeds and RPM. If your

speedometer needs correction due to changes in the system, it can be done using the

MPH mode screen.

Speed Auto Cal

The speed can be calibrated automatically when the boat speed is between 15 and 36

MPH. To calibrate, scroll through the display menu to MPH/RPM. Press E to enter. The

MPH mode is all that can be recalibrated.

Malibu Cruise Control (Standard on all Boats)

Figure 2-9. Cruise Control

Located on the upper left corner of the display menu is the Malibu Cruise Control. To

activate the Malibu Cruise system, press the CRUISE button on the display panel. The

Cruise will default to the OFF position. To turn the Cruise on, press the Cruise button

again, and the system will be activated. The Cruise system will default to the last SET

speed display, and can be increased or decreased by pressing the up or down arrows. To

exit the Cruise display, press Cruise and you will return to the default screen.

In case you don't have an owners manual you can download this pdf.

http://www.regalmarine.com.au/images/malib...smanual2006.pdf

J,

We use the GPS to determine that it in fact was 2mph fast, we didn't have time to adjust it yet but will be working on it soon.

I'll have it at WOW just in case.

For the ballast tanks, ours had a piece of plastic in the float preventing it from getting to the top...Perhaps your boat could have the same...a little doubtful based on the age but, possible

Mikey-

1) Don't have it on this model

2) If I go two mph slower it will be 2 mph slower. Please see thanksfornothingeinstein.com

3) It didn't work on your houseboat so I doubt it will work here.

Thanks Stew

Mikey-

2) If I go two mph slower it will be 2 mph slower. Please see thanksfornothingeinstein.com

Thanks Stew

Yeah but at least it will say you are going the right speed Biggrin.gif

Actually, the houseboat is coming along nicely. The new room is even square!

You partially fill your ballast tank? My gauge is when water is coming out the vent and don't forget to close the ball valve so nothing leaks out.

Mikey-

Thanks Stew

ROFL.gif

The ballast gauge is more of an annoyance than anything else.

Mikey-

What new room? The Champagne Room?

We tore off the front of the boat, took out the downstairs front deck and built a 100 sq. foot bedroom...I've yet to install the stripper pole...only because it's on back order Biggrin.gif

2) drive two miles an hour slower

Actually, if he drives 2 MPH slower he will be going 4 MPH slower. I would recommend driving 2 MPH faster. Or, RTFM, adjust the speedo, and drive the speed you want. Unless you are traveling east on a westbound tributary during a rising tide--in which case you want your GPS 2 MPH faster once again. This, of course, is only true for the northern hemisphere on this side of the international date line. If you happen to cross the date line, you need your speedo to read a full day slower (-816 MPD) or faster (+850 MPD) depending on if you're coming or going.

Actually, if he drives 2 MPH slower he will be going 4 MPH slower. I would recommend driving 2 MPH faster. Or, RTFM, adjust the speedo, and drive the speed you want. Unless you are traveling east on a westbound tributary during a rising tide--in which case you want your GPS 2 MPH faster once again. This, of course, is only true for the northern hemisphere on this side of the international date line. If you happen to cross the date line, you need your speedo to read a full day slower (-816 MPD) or faster (+850 MPD) depending on if you're coming or going.

Jack - Does the phase of the moon compromise or enhance these calculations?

Jack - Does the phase of the moon compromise or enhance these calculations?

:Doh: Forgot about that, good catch Tory. Yes, absolutely, insomuch as the lunar cycle affects the tide, so then does it affect the current. In the above example, the GPS speed would need to be 3 MPH faster.

...insomuch as the lunar cycle affects the tide, so then does it affect the current. In the above example, the GPS speed would need to be 3 MPH faster.

If we all selected the "ignore VinRLX" feature of this site...do you think he would keep typing anyway? :unsure:

Tease2.gifROFL.gif