Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Colors

Madmanacrossthewater

What about Platinum as a base or deck color?

I like it b/c it hides filth, and won't discolor as easily as white.

That's what the base color on my VTX is because I think it hides a little better than white, but I think it also looked better against the black and sangria, the white was just TOO stark.

I like mine of course! White, black, and tan with a little splash of sangria. All are classic colors, kind of like a tux! I'm a dad with little kids so I didn't wand anything too trendy being a family boat. I even ordered it naked, but they put the stickers on anyway. I like them okay, but one of these days they are comin off.

Like the saying goes, once you go black...

Dam I hate it when you're correct... :)

Well couldn't past up the Silver, since I was going to the darkside might as well go bling bling too. Otherwise it'd be midnight blue period no discussion.

I'm pi#$ed b/c I had a poll for the thread, and it didn't make it...3 times?

What did I do wrong Tracie?

You're a Cubs fan.... Tease.gif

Wow, that hurt J. That hurt bad.

Sorry buddie just had to go there, FWIW my son does have a cubies cap... :) He'll learn that the Yanks are the best for BB and the Hawks for football... :)

Well the 1st BU was a used boat so we did not a choice in the colors (white, black and teal) - but the 2nd BU was ordered and we wanted custom colors that no one else has - white, ember and black. Can't say I have seen one like it to date. The color combo is one that you either like or you don't. We personally love it and Forrest will be buried in it.

Have to say when you order one based on a swatch - it is nerve racking waiting to see what it looks like for real. And yet there isn't much you can do about it once it arrives. Lucky for us we were very pleased and still love the color combo.

Ha, there isn't much you can do about it once construction starts. I remember seeing the build pics of ours & wondering if we'd made a wrong choice on the interior. Pictures can be deceiving sometimes & we were really happy with it when it arrived.

FWIW, I've seen 1 other ember boat, ever. Very unique color & yes, polarizing in terms of opinion.

We went as traditional as we could with colors on this boat after having bright yellow on the last. We wanted something that could either be dressed up or dressed down & still look really good. Water spots....I see them regardless of the color, even on the white. So being that I know they're there, I ordered what I wanted knowing that I would take care of it. It always looks good. Perfect? No, of course not, but unless I agonize over it (something that I gave over doing long ago) it's going to be a used boat. My job is to make sure that it isn't an abused boat.

Personally I think that the Silver Edition boat is one of the best looking color schemes that I've ever seen on any boat, bar none. Both the RLXI & VLX Silvers just look amazing, both on & off the water.

Can't argue w/ that... Whistling.gif

Like the saying goes, once you go black...

Dam I hate it when you're correct... :)

Well couldn't past up the Silver, since I was going to the darkside might as well go bling bling too. Otherwise it'd be midnight blue period no discussion.

I'm pi#$ed b/c I had a poll for the thread, and it didn't make it...3 times?

What did I do wrong Tracie?

You're a Cubs fan.... Tease.gif

Wow, that hurt J. That hurt bad.

Sorry buddie just had to go there, FWIW my son does have a cubies cap... :) He'll learn that the Yanks are the best for BB and the Hawks for football... :)

Well the 1st BU was a used boat so we did not a choice in the colors (white, black and teal) - but the 2nd BU was ordered and we wanted custom colors that no one else has - white, ember and black. Can't say I have seen one like it to date. The color combo is one that you either like or you don't. We personally love it and Forrest will be buried in it.

Have to say when you order one based on a swatch - it is nerve racking waiting to see what it looks like for real. And yet there isn't much you can do about it once it arrives. Lucky for us we were very pleased and still love the color combo.

Ha, there isn't much you can do about it once construction starts. I remember seeing the build pics of ours & wondering if we'd made a wrong choice on the interior. Pictures can be deceiving sometimes & we were really happy with it when it arrived.

FWIW, I've seen 1 other ember boat, ever. Very unique color & yes, polarizing in terms of opinion.

We went as traditional as we could with colors on this boat after having bright yellow on the last. We wanted something that could either be dressed up or dressed down & still look really good. Water spots....I see them regardless of the color, even on the white. So being that I know they're there, I ordered what I wanted knowing that I would take care of it. It always looks good. Perfect? No, of course not, but unless I agonize over it (something that I gave over doing long ago) it's going to be a used boat. My job is to make sure that it isn't an abused boat.

Personally I think that the Silver Edition boat is one of the best looking color schemes that I've ever seen on any boat, bar none. Both the RLXI & VLX Silvers just look amazing, both on & off the water.

Can't argue w/ that... Whistling.gif

Except that it represents the Raiduhs

post-536-1214517872_thumb.jpgLots of white...stays cooler and easier to keep clean.

Blue and Yellow -- an ode to my father. He owned two different boats as I grew up. The first was a mid-60's Warren Hurricane flatbottom with a big-block Buick. Very fast and very yellow. He then owned an early 70's Howard flatbottom with an Oldsmobile block and a wood deck. Not so fast, but very blue. I bought my Malibu right after I moved to Ohio, and I didn't really appreciate the hatred in this state for all things yellow and blue. I've taken a fair amount of ribbing, until I explain my Field of Dreams reasons for picking the colors.

I'm hearing most of you like white deck and hull base colors, corret? Just trying to get ideas for stock 2009's.

It's not as easy as you would think.

I'm hearing most of you like white deck and hull base colors, corret? Just trying to get ideas for stock 2009's.

It's not as easy as you would think.

I think the charcoal and orange looks bad a$$, as well as charcoal and red.

What color is ember? Mines black white and grey, we bought it used. If I had my druthers though it would have been all white, very classy! Thumbup.gif

I've had three boats with grey carpet. I wanted a change, and chose the driftwood carpet. It's perfect: the color of dirt, so it always looks clean!

I chose driftwood/black/white exterior

I chose platinum/driftwood interior (Malibu's white interior is whiter than their white gelcoat-the platinum is a better match I feel)

I like a white bottom for a boat--if you've ever swam around your boat, a dark bottom is invisible. Like if you have to go under and free a rope caught around the prop, etc. (experience)

post-2921-1214766732_thumb.jpg

Orange and white....chosen mostly because I had not seen anything else like it. Plus....it's orange. Some don't like it, but I've had many more compliments on this boat than I did on my black and white one.