Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Colors

Madmanacrossthewater

Just trying to get an idea of what colors are in demand right now. Please explain why you chose the color you did (matches my truck, house, Wife, less maintenance etc).

Thanks,

MM

Edited by Madmanacrossthewater

I think a white hull on top stays cooler, bottom white hull doesn't show as many scratches, have always liked the colors black and red on a boat and added always added a little gray in the mix.

All my boats I truly liked in the past have been black with some kind of gray and red. I've had blue and white with multi colors, but I think that more than four colors and you've gone over board unless it's some kind of an offshore or drag boat.

Just my $.02 Thumbup.gif

I picked the colors purely on what my wife and I thought were the most attractive to us. I've never seen a combination that l like better.

I've owned two Bu's with a fair amount of light gray. Very easy color to take care of. A neutral color so most other colors look good with it. Gray is a classic color that doesn't go out of style.

I'm pi#$ed b/c I had a poll for the thread, and it didn't make it...3 times?

What did I do wrong Tracie?

Edited by Madmanacrossthewater

We bought the boat that the dealer had - sangria & black on main hull and white (on bottom and top). Not sure we would have thought of the colors ourselves, but after a year we still really like them.

If were are ever lucky enough to order a boat from the factory, I think a white, black and tan scheme

could look pretty clean and be easier to maintain than sangria and black.

We picked what we liked but it also seems to be very popular (Regal, Black, and White).

I wasn't sure between Regal and Rueben because small color samples are tough. However, I am VERY glad that I went with Regal. It looks awesome on the water.

I kept white on top and very bottom (cooler top and less scratches on the bottom as well as easier to keep looking clean). I personally would shy away from a boat with anything other than white on the bottom of the hull. The lower side, I put black but that is the side not the bottom. The other colors that I have are rueben and black. I like the yellow and black but I work at Caterpillar and have enough yellow and black in my life plus the yellow may not be "in" in a few years. "Resale Red"... If I have to sell it, I know people won't say "no" because of the colors of my boat. Also, I stayed away from the darker seat colors and am glad that I did. Anything other than white heats up fast!!

After a month on a muddy river with hard water, the red and black (and the chrome) above the rub rail are a pain to keep clean on the back 1/3 of the boat where it constantly gets splashed and drys over the course of the day. Oddly the Regal is tougher because where the water splashes the most... by the rear vents. Incidentally the chrome vent covers are the worst to keep spot free. By the end of the season, I may want all white above the rub rail but for now, it looks great!

One other suggestion if you are ordering stock boats. I ordered a jump seat to put in the walkthrough and we use it all the time. We usually have 4 people in the boat when we go out. If we have more we take 2 boats. My other friends don't have the jump seat and many times someone ends up sitting on the floor in the walkway to make sure the wakes are balanced. With 3 in the boat and one boarding, it usually means one person needs to be in the middle. With the jump seat they have a seat to sit on. It was about $300 and worth every penny.

post-4758-1214429497_thumb.jpg

post-4758-1214429504_thumb.jpg

Ours is white hull with red accents. The white doesn't show scratches. The red is very modern but hopefully it won't look too old in years to come.

We picked what we liked but it also seems to be very popular (Regal, Black, and White).

I wasn't sure between Regal and Rueben because small color samples are tough. However, I am VERY glad that I went with Regal. It looks awesome on the water.

I kept white on top and very bottom (cooler top and less scratches on the bottom as well as easier to keep looking clean). I personally would shy away from a boat with anything other than white on the bottom of the hull. The lower side, I put black but that is the side not the bottom. The other colors that I have are rueben and black. I like the yellow and black but I work at Caterpillar and have enough yellow and black in my life plus the yellow may not be "in" in a few years. "Resale Red"... If I have to sell it, I know people won't say "no" because of the colors of my boat. Also, I stayed away from the darker seat colors and am glad that I did. Anything other than white heats up fast!!

After a month on a muddy river with hard water, the red and black (and the chrome) above the rub rail are a pain to keep clean on the back 1/3 of the boat where it constantly gets splashed and drys over the course of the day. Oddly the Regal is tougher because where the water splashes the most... by the rear vents. Incidentally the chrome vent covers are the worst to keep spot free. By the end of the season, I may want all white above the rub rail but for now, it looks great!

One other suggestion if you are ordering stock boats. I ordered a jump seat to put in the walkthrough and we use it all the time. We usually have 4 people in the boat when we go out. If we have more we take 2 boats. My other friends don't have the jump seat and many times someone ends up sitting on the floor in the walkway to make sure the wakes are balanced. With 3 in the boat and one boarding, it usually means one person needs to be in the middle. With the jump seat they have a seat to sit on. It was about $300 and worth every penny.

I don't see any difference in color between your Regal red and my Reuben red?

06vlx, Tell your buddy that about 4-5 pop bags would allow you to move weight around and everyone could be comfortable without having to sit somewhere uncomfortable.

Like the saying goes, once you go black...

Dam I hate it when you're correct... :)

Well couldn't past up the Silver, since I was going to the darkside might as well go bling bling too. Otherwise it'd be midnight blue period no discussion.

You're a Cubs fan.... Tease.gif

06vlx, Tell your buddy that about 4-5 pop bags would allow you to move weight around and everyone could be comfortable without having to sit somewhere uncomfortable.

What heck are you talking about???

What heck are you talking about???

I believe he's responding to Matt Alger's post about the jump seat and it happened to be quoted on one of your replies.

On topic - orange/white, orange/white/black has gotten very hot on our lake. Not just the bu's, but the MC set as well. I'm still partial to midnight blue/yellow or blue/beige etc...classic colors.

Like the saying goes, once you go black...

Dam I hate it when you're correct... :)

Well couldn't past up the Silver, since I was going to the darkside might as well go bling bling too. Otherwise it'd be midnight blue period no discussion.

You're a Cubs fan.... Tease.gif

Wow, that hurt J. That hurt bad.

post-195-1214441765_thumb.jpg

Well the 1st BU was a used boat so we did not have a choice in the colors (white, black and teal) - but the 2nd BU was ordered and we wanted custom colors that no one else has - white, ember and black. Can't say I have seen one like it to date. The color combo is one that you either like or you don't. We personally love it and Forrest will be buried in it.

Have to say when you order one based on a swatch - it is nerve racking waiting to see what it looks like for real. And yet there isn't much you can do about it once it arrives. Lucky for us we were very pleased and still love the color combo.

Edited by crazylady
Well the 1st BU was a used boat so we did not a choice in the colors (white, black and teal) - but the 2nd BU was ordered and we wanted custom colors that no one else has - white, ember and black. Can't say I have seen one like it to date. The color combo is one that you either like or you don't. We personally love it and Forrest will be buried in it.

Have to say when you order one based on a swatch - it is nerve racking waiting to see what it looks like for real. And yet there isn't much you can do about it once it arrives. Lucky for us we were very pleased and still love the color combo.

Ha, there isn't much you can do about it once construction starts. I remember seeing the build pics of ours & wondering if we'd made a wrong choice on the interior. Pictures can be deceiving sometimes & we were really happy with it when it arrived.

FWIW, I've seen 1 other ember boat, ever. Very unique color & yes, polarizing in terms of opinion.

We went as traditional as we could with colors on this boat after having bright yellow on the last. We wanted something that could either be dressed up or dressed down & still look really good. Water spots....I see them regardless of the color, even on the white. So being that I know they're there, I ordered what I wanted knowing that I would take care of it. It always looks good. Perfect? No, of course not, but unless I agonize over it (something that I gave over doing long ago) it's going to be a used boat. My job is to make sure that it isn't an abused boat.

Personally I think that the Silver Edition boat is one of the best looking color schemes that I've ever seen on any boat, bar none. Both the RLXI & VLX Silvers just look amazing, both on & off the water.

My daughter and I fell in love with ours as soon as we saw it. Yellow and black always look good on the water, well and on hot rods, go karts, race cars, ............. :)