Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What do you clean waterspots with?

I wipe down the boat everytime I get out of it, however the waterspots remain. I wonder what everyone is using?

Boat Bling Hot Sauce.

I use quick detail spray for touchups between full FMJ applications. With a quality wax waterspots will be much easier to remove, and the gelcoat will be protected between major overhauls.

Homemade solution I use is a little vinegar and water in a spray bottle. I go over it with babe's boat wax after that and I'm good. USA.gif

after most uses I wipe down after spraying with a water/vinegar mix nearly 50/50.

I use 303 occasionally and wash/wax at least once a summer, try to do it 2 or 3 though. For some of the bad areas I still use the works tub and tile cleaner, spray on, wipe off, rinse, wipe off

I really like the Hot Sauce, I ran out and bought some babes and the babes left a greasy residue, I don't like it at all. I now have some meguires spary quick detailer I bought until my new shipment of Hot Sauce came in and I have to say for half the price the Meguires kicks a**, I might just use that from now on.

babes, works great. I have noticed though that the water spots on the back of the boat are somewhat difficult to get off.

Ditto, I find the back to be the worst as well...anyone else?

babes, works great. I have noticed though that the water spots on the back of the boat are somewhat difficult to get off.

You need to wax it again then, they should wipe right off no matter where they are.

For the past 2 months we have been wiping down with a micro-fiber towel from front-to-back after each use and then once every 4-5 times using 3M or Babe's detail spray. It seemed to work pretty well, but slowly waterspots seem to build up - for sure on the back more than other areas.

I just waxed the boat with 3M wax, and most of the waterspots that were visible are gone. I am not sure what to do over the next couple of months. With a good wax on, I am thinking just wipe down every time and a detail spray occasionally. A friend suggested using the Rain X spray-on wax regularly instead of detail spray until the next 3M wax application. Any thoughts?

For the past 2 months we have been wiping down with a micro-fiber towel from front-to-back after each use and then once every 4-5 times using 3M or Babe's detail spray. It seemed to work pretty well, but slowly waterspots seem to build up - for sure on the back more than other areas.

I just waxed the boat with 3M wax, and most of the waterspots that were visible are gone. I am not sure what to do over the next couple of months. With a good wax on, I am thinking just wipe down every time and a detail spray occasionally. A friend suggested using the Rain X spray-on wax regularly instead of detail spray until the next 3M wax application. Any thoughts?

Ditto. I dry every time we go out, the hit it with Babe's Boat Bright every couple of weeks. Babe's spot solver works wonders at getting the hard spots off if you give it a chance to work. The only problem is it will take wax with it, so plan on reapplying if you use Spot Solver.

Vinegar water in a spray bottle is magic on the water apots...even the tough stuff across the stern. I use about 25% V/75% h2o mix. Some say it strips the wax so I follow up with meguires ( I think) wax as u dry to keep it protected. I also use this every time on the ramp. 3m boat wax every 8 weeks.

You would never know she's 8 years old.

My boat has black gel coat so water spots show up like there is no tomorrow. Have used Babes Spot Solver and I agree with the posters above that say it leaves a residue. Not as bad if you use a micro fiber towel to take it off, but still there none the less. I have found that the Babes Spray wax works well if you have a good coat of base wax on the boat. Additionally, I have used Wizards Quick Detail polish with great success. They sell their products online at: www.wizardsproducts.com

We have a mainly black boat. I think the key is a good coat of wax and a good chamois. No need to spend a lot of money. One of the best I have ever used is a synthetic chamois. I think they work better than any towel I have ever used. I believe I have this brand (http://www.amazon.com/Absorber-51149-Chamois-Colors-Vary/dp/B0000AY69V/ref=pd_sbs_auto_2). You never have to go get another towel to dry the boat. Just give it a good twist and it is bone dry and leaves no streaks/water spots. If it gets dirty, just throw it in the wash and it is like new again.

always 25% Vinegar and 75% water in a spray bottle. Treat a bottle of vinegar from the store that probably cost $2 as a concentrate and it will last a few months. I'm not for spending extra money on the babes and 303 for waterspots when vinegar (i think), does a perfect job.

We use Turtle Wax One step in a spray bottle with a chamoi every time we come out of the water. Seems to do a great job. Still have a few spots on the back that are hareder to get out but it is fast and does the trick.

Has anyone used Ducky's? It's really good at removing water spots and doesn't smell like poo.

I bought some last week. It works great.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to -rehash this topic, but it's better than starting a new one with the same general info.

I use Lysol toilet bowl cleaner with a little peroxide mixed in to remove those nasty yellow stains and hardwater spots from my gelcoat.

HOWEVER, I need recommendations on how to remove the hard water stains on my stainless steel rudder and exhaust tips and stainless steel gorilla fins. I have the SS underwater gear they put on the Corvette boats leftover from 1999 on my '02 RLX and they have become pretty dull with hard water stains/spots.

Any advice?

I know NOT to use the toilet bowl cleaner on stainless as it will ruin it.

I use Lysol toilet bowl cleaner with a little peroxide mixed in to remove those nasty yellow stains and hardwater spots from my gelcoat.

HOWEVER, I need recommendations on how to remove the hard water stains on my stainless steel rudder and exhaust tips and stainless steel gorilla fins. I have the SS underwater gear they put on the Corvette boats leftover from 1999 on my '02 RLX and they have become pretty dull with hard water stains/spots.

Any advice?

I know NOT to use the toilet bowl cleaner on stainless as it will ruin it.

I used that combo what a mess and waste of time and didn't even make a dent in my water spots, 100% vinegar works like champ and is very cheap.

To clean our chrome Windex, with a mild nylon brush, actually works well followed up w/ Mothers polish.

My biggest problem is if I stay on the water for more than a couple of hours on our lake the water spots are hard to get off. I always wipe the boat down when I come in. We have some hard water in this lake. If it gets real bad I also use a diluted vinegar and water. I just picked up some Cling and am going to give it a try for quick wipe down also. I hate my boat not looking new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!