Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replacing seawater pump pulley

I have a 1996 Sunsetter with a Mercruiser Black Scorpion 350 Magnum MPI Gen+ engine. Over the weekend, the seawater pump pulley failed (stranding me for a long expensive tow). I've ordered the replacement pulley, but as I look at the assembly, I'm confused as to how the pulley stays on the shaft. There's no nut or locking mechanism. It really looks like the pulley just slips onto the shaft, and the teeth + the belt hold it in place. I couldn't really figure it out from my pulley since it was pretty much destroyed.

I found this diagram which I verified is my assembly:

http://www.perfprotech.com/store/assembly/...Y,2350-190.aspx

I ordered #22, the pulley itself.

Am I missing something or is it really that easy?

Also, anyone have experience replacing the impeller for this engine?

I don't know about the pulley, but would like to. It must be a press fit.

When i replaced the impeller on my 2 piece housing, I wrecked it. Too much torque on the bolts. The 2 piece is a pain. The second time I had a shop do it and they connected the hoses backwards, causing the motor to overheat as I sped up.

Now I have the one piece and it was easier, but still had to tighten the bolts in increments making sure I didn't overtighten. I tightened them, than ran it to see if it leaked, then tightened a little more if it did.