Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

It's time for the '09's

Malibudude

Well I guess that means that besides the two in my 23 and RLXi, and the one in the VLX they were running the other day, there is only one? mmmm....I'd bet your source isn't quite right...

Peter :)

Ahh, well it kinda sounds like it doesn't it? Makes you wonder who really knows what.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Malibudude

• JohnDoe

• SmoothWaterMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard a rumor from D Goose that they were dropping the Malivue option. Is it true?

Maybe he was just saying that so he could try and start a group buy on them Whistling.gif .

Now guys Fingerwag.gif don't be putting me in the grinder so fast. I'm sure Malibu will still be putting the Malivue in but like Tracie mentioned, they are working out a few bugs (so its right the first time, unlike others do) and will be installing mid-production.

Peter how do you like the new functions over the 08?

They are building and shipping boats with the Malivue in it now. This is not a mid production change. However there will be an update for the early models in a short time in the future. These units have the ability to be updated through the usb.

Edited by Cbrown

Goose, This is what pisses me off.

First you post it as a question.... multiple times.

...then you post a statement as if you know, and yet it's still incorrect.

You don't want to thrown under the bus for it? Good luck with that.

And you think it pisses me off, you should see what the other dealers and the folks at Malibu think about it.

Edited by SmoothWaterMan

SO are they coming or are they not coming with the malivue...I have a 2009 vlx coming in next week and would like to know if i ordered a bag of goodies or got sold a bag of goods....dealer still thinks its coming so i hope so...

If you look at the pictures in the link from wakeworld you will see several boats with the freaking thing. What more proof do you need than that? Duh!

And you think it pisses me off, you should see what the other dealers and the folks at Malibu think about it.

I asked the same question in two (this one and the Malivie) threads and dropped it. You and Cbrown both cleared it up. Then Mike joke's around using my name, later on Tracie post up (see below) Maybe not all dealers are getting the same info. I don't know, I only posted the question once and then repeated what some one esle mentioned.

This one doesn't have Malivue, according to them it will be available this season but it may be delayed until mid-production. It sounds like they're working out some bugs. But I should be able to get some good pics & info on the boat.

Mike see what you started bye messing around Fingerwag.gif

They are building and shipping boats with the Malivue in it now. This is not a mid production change. However there will be an update for the early models in a short time in the future. These units have the ability to be updated through the usb.

hmm, kinda like that update that was supposed to come out for the '08 JBL stereos Whistling.gif

If you look at the pictures in the link from wakeworld you will see several boats with the freaking thing. What more proof do you need than that? Duh!

Some of us don't have time for WW or any other forums for that matter, & I don't think that it's out of line to take a dealer at his word. Do you? So it's available now & will have an update to it at mid-production, that's great. Everybody needs to chill.

As for the VLX, all I can say is that since buying ours in July of '05, this is the first boat that has given me pause & really made me consider an upgrade. The Silvers were nice, but nothing about them were different in terms of performance or looks (it was a great color scheme, but not enough to make me want to change). But this....wow. I never, ever thought that I would say this about a vdrive, but it is a fantastically sexy boat on the water. I don't know what the specs are, but it has the look of being a smaller boat or at least gives that impression even though up close I don't think that it is. And the new Illusion tower is an absolute perfect match for this boat. The proportions look a little off to me on the 23', but on the VLX it's perfect. I wasn't able to ride in it or drive it today because they were having some difficulties (a 23 LSV ended up pulling the tourny), but they're going to bring it out again tomorrow & with it being the skiers' day we should be able to poke around in it. Here are a few preliminary pics:

gallery_1_44_81279.jpg

gallery_1_44_22744.jpg

gallery_1_44_71597.jpg

That thing looks sweet Drool.gif The tower looks great IMO and I may be wrong but are the board racks set a little lower on this tower? If so Thumbup.gif makes it easier to load and unload. I also see they are using last yrs windshield rear-view mirror bracket on this one. That little seat in the rear will be nice for the shorter people. What are the options for the rear deck doors? 2-3 walkway and could you get the 3 doors with the cool seat or would that be taken out? I know most don't like the new windshield look but its growing on me.

Great job at getting the new pics. Thumbup.gif

That is a very nice looking boat. The one styling element that I don't think looks good (in pictures) is the way the rear vent screen has the corners clipped, instead of converging to a point like the current screens. Also they went to a new windshield manufacturer so that windshield is not the same manufacturer as the 08 VTX/ or LSV which it sounded like if you have problems with your 08 windshield you won't be able to upgrade to the 09, since they are a slightly different fit also.

Whats up with the extra thru-hulls on the RH side of the boat? (4 up front and 3 in back)

Did they make some upgrades to the ballast pumps/system?

Whats up with the extra thru-hulls on the RH side of the boat? (4 up front and 3 in back)

Did they make some upgrades to the ballast pumps/system?

4 up front= 2 vents and 2 drains (center and front MLS)

3 in back = 1 vent, 1 drain(right MLS), and 1 bilge drain

nothing new.

That thing looks sweet Drool.gif The tower looks great IMO and I may be wrong but are the board racks set a little lower on this tower? If so Thumbup.gif makes it easier to load and unload. I also see they are using last yrs windshield rear-view mirror bracket on this one. That little seat in the rear will be nice for the shorter people. What are the options for the rear deck doors? 2-3 walkway and could you get the 3 doors with the cool seat or would that be taken out? I know most don't like the new windshield look but its growing on me.

Great job at getting the new pics. Thumbup.gif

Yes, the rack mounting locations are lower. I can't tell you how good that tower looked on that boat in person, the pics don't even do it justice.

was the VLX already full of ballast in those pics? From the promo pics earlier in this thread it looks like it has more freeboard.

I'm pretty sure that it was empty, but I can find out. The boat wasn't out there today, but I'm trying to set up a demo for later in the week. Stay tuned. :)

wow....i really like the lines, overall proportion, and colors of that boat.

The tower design is phenomenal.

Very impressive; nice work malibu!

the only down side it this makes my 89 look seriously dated!

Looks nice on the water and I agree Tracie, it looks like a smaller boat than its predecessor. I think they did a nice job of adding lines to break up the big glass surfaces.

wow....i really like the lines, overall proportion, and colors of that boat.

The tower design is phenomenal.

Very impressive; nice work malibu!

the only down side it this makes my 89 look seriously dated!

If anything a clean wll maintained Skier always gets a look by me...

I relly like the clean lines of the bow with the grab rails inside..

Looks nice on the water and I agree Tracie, it looks like a smaller boat than its predecessor. I think they did a nice job of adding lines to break up the big glass surfaces.

I agree completely. I absolutely love the white accent in the grey beneath the rub rail - looks really sweet. Still don't like the gelcoat pattern above the rub rail, but it's got possibilities. The windshield looks so much better with the rectangular port holes than the circular - I can't believe the difference that subtle change makes. I also like the changes to the front intake and rear vent screens. Never was a fan of the intake screens at the bow, and I think the shape of that rear vent looks great.

If I was in the market for a V-Drive, this would be the one. Hopefully these changes will migrate to the rest of the lineup.

I asked the same question in two (this one and the Malivie) threads and dropped it. You and Cbrown both cleared it up. Then Mike joke's around using my name, later on Tracie post up (see below) Maybe not all dealers are getting the same info. I don't know, I only posted the question once and then repeated what some one esle mentioned.

This one doesn't have Malivue, according to them it will be available this season but it may be delayed until mid-production. It sounds like they're working out some bugs. But I should be able to get some good pics & info on the boat.

Mike see what you started bye messing around Fingerwag.gif

I know dude..Sorry! I didn't realize people would get so uptight about it.