Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

It's time for the '09's

Malibudude

In the 3rd pic with the tower down, did any one notice the bracket/rod that holds the tower up? I have seen people ask for them, can one pick it up at the dealer?

Isn't that just the rod used under the boat cover?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Malibudude

• JohnDoe

• Matt_Alger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Response

Response LX

Response LXi

Response FXi

..... no iRide

vRide 21

vRide 23

Sun/Wake VTX

Sun/Wake VLX

Sun/Wake 23 LSV

Sun/Wake 247

Response FXi is the Sunscape 20 LSV in a direct drive. Diamond hull only, but optional hard rear ballast tank.

Peter

Nice lake in the background Whistling.gif

I saw what I believe was a 09 VLX a few weeks ago tied up to the Malibu houseboat. It had no badging on the side and it just figures that I was up there with no camera. Cry.gif It did say VLX on the back corners....could see that much, but not much more.

Any idea on when the new pricing info will be out? Also, on the '09 vlx is the wakeboard wake going to be as good, i've heard that it will not be?

Pricing isn't complete yet but the increase in prices are significantly less than the 7-10% people were thinking.

Wonder what Malibu will do with the old Vride/1st gen VLX hull molds. Probably will be the 2009 Moomba xxxxx?

Sent out to the boat hull pasture.... :)

Where they might grow legs and make it across the lot to Centurion ROFL.gif

Wonder what Malibu will do with the old Vride/1st gen VLX hull molds. Probably will be the 2009 Moomba xxxxx?

Sent out to the boat hull pasture.... :)

Where they might grow legs and make it across the lot to Centurion ROFL.gif

I may actually consider a Centurion if they did that!

Well Okay maybe not...

I think they have a stable of old hulls that could be used to launch a low price brand. It could also be used to offset any slowing in the luxury model price point in regards to factory usage and cash flow.

Boats that could be used are-

Sportster

Response LX

Pre 2004 Sunsetter LXi

Pre 2005 Sunsetter VLX

Pre 2004 Sunsetter LSV

That would make quite a model lineup that could be done for under 35k base for the most expensive one.

Is the '09 Vride 21 ft or 21.5 like the '08 VLX? Is the beam now 98"? Any idea on the base price MSRP?

Yes, it's the same boat with the same dimensions.

Is it the same dimensions as the old vRide, or the same dimensions as the 08 VLX? That extra 6" eliminates the choice for me.

The 09' line up looks awesome! I bet that FXI will be a great addition to the line up, sort of replacing the Sunsetter LXI.

That's what I was thinking. Can others more in the know than I confirm that a boat like that would be a reasonable replacement for the pre-'05 Sunsetter LXi's.

If so, that boat could get me into the dealership to 'look around a bit'

I like the FXI except it has the wrong tower on it. The problem with the illusion tower it gets in the way of the rope when using the pylon. I know I will hear that you should go to an RLXI but I think this would be an issue for anyone skiing. Just MHO!

Response

Response LX

Response LXi

Response FXi

..... no iRide

vRide 21

vRide 23

Sun/Wake VTX

Sun/Wake VLX

Sun/Wake 23 LSV

Sun/Wake 247

Response FXi is the Sunscape 20 LSV in a direct drive. Diamond hull only, but optional hard rear ballast tank.

Peter

so no more 21/23 xti's or 247 rx?

QUOTE (Bakes Board & Ski @ Jun 25 2008, 07:31 PM)

The 09' line up looks awesome! I bet that FXI will be a great addition to the line up, sort of replacing the Sunsetter LXI.

That's what I was thinking. Can others more in the know than I confirm that a boat like that would be a reasonable replacement for the pre-'05 Sunsetter LXi's.

If so, that boat could get me into the dealership to 'look around a bit'

SLXI is 21'8"

RFLXI is 20'

Apples to oranges. That's almost 2 feet shorter. The RLXI would be a closer boat to comapare a SLXi to.

Any idea on when the new pricing info will be out? Also, on the '09 vlx is the wakeboard wake going to be as good, i've heard that it will not be?

Pricing isn't complete yet but the increase in prices are significantly less than the 7-10% people were thinking.

I was hoping for a 15% price increase since I just bought an 08!

I like the FXI except it has the wrong tower on it. The problem with the illusion tower it gets in the way of the rope when using the pylon. I know I will hear that you should go to an RLXI but I think this would be an issue for anyone skiing. Just MHO!

On the RLXI you have to be into 32 off before it becomes an issue. That's a pretty good skier that probably wouldn't buy a ski boat with a tower anyway.

Thank God the 3 piece sunpad is back.

Geeez, all of a sudden my wallet seems to be burning a hole in my pocket.

Oh, wait, never mind, just the 1000 or so wild fires burning out here in CA.

I'd really like to hear Malibu's target customer with this new fxi if the rlxi is stil in the lineup. And I am bummed to hear that there will be no more irides. The SV23 wake hull defined Malibu and has been in use for 10+ years. It did everything well. One of the best barefoot boats, slaloms very well, and could easily be beefed up for wakeboarding. All in a simple, yet user-friendly interior with the perfect freeboard height in my opinion. The original sunsetter is dead Cry.gif .

I just should have waited for an 09 V-Ride. Maybe would have saved me some money..lol... Oh well.... I got the 08 VLX... I love it

SLXI is 21'8"

RFLXI is 20'

Apples to oranges. That's almost 2 feet shorter. The RLXI would be a closer boat to comapare a SLXi to.

Thought the SLXI is 21'8", the RFXI might feel bigger because of the beam. All the VTX's I've been in have felt huge vs. my SLX even though I have a foot on them:

RLXI beam = 93.5"

SLXI beam = 93"

Response FXi = 98"

I wish they were offering rear, center and front ballast on the RFXi!!!