Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

It's time for the '09's

Malibudude

For 2009 Malibu is introducing 5 new and/or radically different models. Keep in mind these are the first images to hit the public here on the Crew, thanks for being patient. We'll have more soon, until then enjoy! We'll add more pictures to the gallery here when we get them.

Response FXi: Direct-drive version of the Sunscape 20 LSV.

Wakesetter VLX

Sunscape 21 LSV

21 vRide: Modeled after the '08 VLX. Same deck and hull.

23 vRide Modeled after the '07 23 LSV. Same deck and hull.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Malibudude

• JohnDoe

• SmoothWaterMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 vRide: Modeled after the '08 VLX. Same deck and hull. For those the complained about the two hatch system will be elated to see the three piece hatch system is back.

gallery_6_44_521998.jpg

gallery_6_44_387780.jpg

The decals in the vRide shots are not actual. It is basically the word "Ride" in black. Updated pics coming.

gallery_6_44_269111.jpg

It looks like there will be no more closed bow, but they are keeping a 20' direct drive ski boat & updating it on the latest hull to boot. And it appears that they're giving it a walkthrough to the bow as well. I'd love to test drive that thing, I'll bet it handles like dream.

I'm very interested to see what the pricing will be on the new vRide models. Makes me wish I had waited to get one, but I'm sure the price will give me some comfort in having the 07.

I'm very interested to see what the pricing will be on the new vRide models. Makes me wish I had waited to get one, but I'm sure the price will give me some comfort in having the 07.

The MSRP for a baseline '08 Vride is: $41,695

The MSRP for a baseline '08 VLX is : $58,095

Any guesses what the '09 Vride and '09 VLX will be?

We should start a contest. My guesses:

'09 Vride: $49,999

'09 VLX: $61,595

Edited by Cory
It looks like there will be no more closed bow, but they are keeping a 20' direct drive ski boat & updating it on the latest hull to boot. And it appears that they're giving it a walkthrough to the bow as well. I'd love to test drive that thing, I'll bet it handles like dream.

I'll bet the Classic Response still handles more like a sports car... it is a much lighter boat (2450 lbs for the Response LX vs approx 3000 lbs for the Response FXi). If they are doing away with the Classic Response, it is a sad day in Malibu Town. That has been an awesome boat.

So did they do away with the RLXi? I am certain that the Response LXi will still be available. The FXi will be another direct drive option.

That new response ought to handle like a dream!!! Once again I am willing to bet the Response LX or LXi both handle better because they are lighter.

the Response CB and LX are still available

Yep, I was at the factory and even saw the molds couldn't resist. I'm not sure for how much longer but I'd hate to have the RLX out of the lineup. A CB vs the LX Response can't be enough to really affect the slalom wake.

Any idea on when the new pricing info will be out? Also, on the '09 vlx is the wakeboard wake going to be as good, i've heard that it will not be?

Yeah, price will be the only comfort for me. I so much wanted a 23 but couldn't afford the $65K plus price tag. Well with the price increases it only makes my boat worth that much more :)

MALIBU

Thanks for letting us be the first public site to show off your new line.

Clap.gifThumbup.gifYahoo.gif

Keep the sweet pics and info coming dude. Rockon.gif

PS when did you take a trip to the factory? I want to go Cry.gif

In the 3rd pic with the tower down, did any one notice the bracket/rod that holds the tower up? I have seen people ask for them, can one pick it up at the dealer?