Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX slalom boat.... :)

SmoothWaterMan

Not sure if I'm just late in hearing it, but did ya'll know that the VTX with a Diamond hull and Monsoon is a USA Waterski approved towboat?

I knew it was good, but now we have written acceptance of it.

Very cool.

Peter :)

Response CB Monsoon

Response LX Monsoon

RLXi (Gen I and II) Monsoon

Sunsetter LXi (classic) Monsoon

Before that, Echelon. Not sure on the Sporty. Not sure about the Sunsetter LX either. This is Malibu's first approved V drive, but I don't think they sent any other V drives for certification. Slalom has recently experienced a massive resurgence in popularity and people like the V drive layout.

I guess that since the VTX / Cut Diamond Hull is approved with the Monsoon, I won't be pulling any tournaments. Biggrin.gif

Response CB Monsoon

Response LX Monsoon

RLXi (Gen I and II) Monsoon

Sunsetter LXi (classic) Monsoon

Before that, Echelon. Not sure on the Sporty. Not sure about the Sunsetter LX either. This is Malibu's first approved V drive, but I don't think they sent any other V drives for certification. Slalom has recently experienced a massive resurgence in popularity and people like the V drive layout.

Sunsetter LX was approved in '95 or '96, and remained.

Still likely one of the best overall boats Malibu built for all watersports. slalom/barefoot/trick/wakeboard, etc

Peter

http://www.usawaterski.org/speedcontrol/im...ed-Towboats.pdf

That is the list. I did not see the VTX on there....

You sure?

http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/TournKit/...entTowboats.pdf

Interesting that sunscape is for class c only, but on the "approved ski boats" list on USAWS, the centurion falcon does not have that restriction. Yuk.gif Of course, I'd rather be on the tournament list anyway, but interesting. BTW, CC's crossover is approved for class c's only too.

I guess that since the VTX / Cut Diamond Hull is approved with the Monsoon, I won't be pulling any tournaments. Biggrin.gif

But you couldn't anyhow. Technically we have Wakesetters, (even if they are diamond hulls),not Sunscapes. It would have been great to have a "Wakesetter VTX" on that list just for irony factor!

But you couldn't anyhow. Technically we have Wakesetters, (even if they are diamond hulls),not Sunscapes. It would have been great to have a "Wakesetter VTX" on that list just for irony factor!

Excellent point. Yes I would love the Irony.

Maybe, some wakesetter VLXs used to be USCG stamped sunsetter VLX since it was a sunsetter VLX with options. Same for your boat, it's a sunscape with options, not a wakesetter with diamond.

Maybe, some wakesetter VLXs used to be USCG stamped sunsetter VLX since it was a sunsetter VLX with options. Same for your boat, it's a sunscape with options, not a wakesetter with diamond.

No, they are Wakesetters with the optional diamond hull, with the Wakesetter standard features. Sunsetters and Wakesetters have different baseline standard features, regardelss of which hull you order.

No, they are Wakesetters with the optional diamond hull, with the Wakesetter standard features. Sunsetters and Wakesetters have different baseline standard features, regardelss of which hull you order.

At the end of the day, I don't think that any of us expect to tow slalom tournaments with our VTX / 20 LSV and the Cut Diamond Hull so I don't think it matters that much. However, the VTX / 20 LSV with the Cut Diamond Hull is great for the family who wants to do it all (barefoot, course slalom, wakeboard, wakesurf) and that is all that matters to me. Let someone else pull tournaments. Let me have fun in probably the most versatile ski boat on the market!

I'll take your word for it on the 08 but I helped someone order a "fakesetter" and it was clearly a sunscape with wakesetter options, not the other way around. Even the USGS plate says so :unsure: .

At the end of the day, I don't think that any of us expect to tow slalom tournaments with our VTX / 20 LSV and the Cut Diamond Hull so I don't think it matters that much. However, the VTX / 20 LSV with the Cut Diamond Hull is great for the family who wants to do it all (barefoot, course slalom, wakeboard, wakesurf) and that is all that matters to me. Let someone else pull tournaments. Let me have fun in probably the most versatile ski boat on the market!

I agree, but it's a nice sales pitch that was previosuly only available to CC.