Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Board Suggestions

javamans

My first board (last summer) was a Hyperlite Motive with Motive bindings. When I got my Wakesetter my wife got a a Hyperlite Eden and a I got a Hypelite State with State bindings. I bought XL bindings even though I only wear a 10.5 so people with bigger feet could try boarding when they went out with me....Needles to say they are too big and I don't like how tight they seem to be only at the ankles, so I switched my Motive binding onto my State board which was quite a bit better. I always ride without fins and both my boards are 140s, but today I tried a board with 2 outer fins rather than the single inner and it felt better, but the board was too small (130 or something) Looking for a suggestion of a 3 stage board with 2 outer fins and what bindings are known for "softest" landing as I seem to constantly have pinched nerve problems in my lower back.

There are a million posts on www.wakeworld.com that will answer your question. Check their archives and the archives here. If you just want a specific answer to your specific situation, you'll be asked a LOT more questions;

price range

current bag of tricks

desired bag of tricks

shared board

do you like big air or fast carves

brand preference/requirement

height and weight

narrow or wide foot

Again, I'd recommend not answering these and just checking both forums' archives as you'll get lots of info.....

I have been in the process of demoing some different boards. My first board a number of years ago was a HL Belmont 140, which is now the Motive. The last few years I have been on an OBrien Clutch 137, ridden finless as I like a looser board.

When I was at The Boarding School a few weeks ago, I rode on an 08 HL Murray 140, which I never felt comfortable with. I wish I had tried some of the other boards they had there, but I didn't. I have demoed, in the last 2 weeks, a LF Lyman 139 without the inner fins, and a Slingshot Recoil 138. Both of these boards are 3-stage, give a good consistent pop, and have very soft landings. The Lyman is a bit faster and looser than the Recoil, but I have only tried the Recoil with the 4 outer fins in - it doesn't have any molded fins. I have found the Recoil to be a bit more consistent for me and to have slightly softer landings than the Lyman, but they both are significantly softer than my Clutch, or than the Murray.

From what you said you are looking for, I would recommend giving the Lyman or the Recoil a demo.

I found for "normal boards" the Obrien Natural is an excellent choice. That said, I now ride SS Recoil 142 and love it. I won't say the pops is better or it makes me a better rider as I think that those are in not necessarily in the board. I will say I have more fun on this board than any other that I have owned...................

I found for "normal boards" the Obrien Natural is an excellent choice. That said, I now ride SS Recoil 142 and love it. I won't say the pops is better or it makes me a better rider as I think that those are in not necessarily in the board. I will say I have more fun on this board than any other that I have owned...................

I have the natural and just decomissioned it and now I ride the new byerly monarch with byerly bindings, super pop and one of the lighest set ups available.

I have the slingshot response 142 and driver boots this season and really like the setup.

The landings are soft, the board is pretty fast on edge, but with no molded in fins (4 outer fins)

and no other base channels etc., is loose when flat. Hoping to try the slingshot recoil 138 and

pb floyd boots later this summer to compare.

I've got a 141 premiere that I,m trying to get rid of for $180.00 +shipping comes with bindings but you would probably want to buy a bigger size there med I believe my feet are 9's it will also include a bagpost-4846-1214546790_thumb.jpg