Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wege and Rudder

Managed to do some damage to my boat today by hitting a sandbar. I had just setup for surfing and had 2-3k lbs in ballast with the wedge down. Hit the sand bar and instantly turned off the boat. Drained all the ballast and realized that i had broken the power wedge..So we tied the wedge up and had another boat pull us out. Now I'm trying to figure out what damage i have caused..The boat is moored right now and will be pulled out in the morning. Wedge is forsure broken as the 2 hydrolic springs are pulled right off from the feel of it..Other major issue i found was the steering is totally shot. Im guessing the rutter got bent because the steering pulls very hard to the right and i couldnt even drive a straight line back to the marina.

Any other possible problems I should look for? So far i'm prepared for heaving damage to rudder and wedge.

btw i was only going 10 mph when this happened.

Other than the obvious (hull damage, prop damage, etc.) and the stuff you already pointed out, check the prop shaft alignment (especially if you have a SS prop).