Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Will 09 v-Ride be the 08 VLx

wvidal

I went to my dealer Friday to kick some tires and see what 08's they had left and they told me the 09 V-ride would be on the 08 vlx hull. Has anyone else heard this and do you think it would be worth waiting on an 09 vs buying an 08? They hade 0ne v-ride left and they told me the 09 would be a lot more expensive. Just curious to hear you guys take on this change. Thanks

Edited by wvidal

If it's not the case, it's a great rumor!

In this economy, I'd be surprised if they raised their prices though. Seems like a good way to sink the whole ship.

Yes, this was info that was released last year.

Not that WakeGirl needs backing up since she always seems to be in the know, but this is what I heard from someone with Malibu at the boat show this year too. Not sure about the price change.

I also heard that Bu was considering offering less expensive boats under a different brand; similar to Supra and Moomba. That would mean the return of the Sportster which would/will make many here happy.

Not that I'm defending the price increases each year, but one thing that you guys need to realize is that the price of oil has a major effect. The resins that they use, the vinyl, the carpet.....all of it uses oil. Manufacturing, delivery.....you see where I'm going. All of us feel the pinch, including Malibu. Like I said, I'm not defending, just pointing out that there are 2 sides to all of this.

Yea, no doubt that the cost of making boats has to be rising. But given the decline in the economy, rise in gas, etc., I would think that boat manufacturers are going to have to be getting really creative to keep people buying boats. Reducing costs, creative financing, alternative fuels, MPG ratings to show how good some boats are, etc. Seems like if it continues the way it has been, a lot of people just won't get into a new boat.

Then again, maybe gas prices will drop & things will be looking up again soon. Thumbup.gif

I'm glad I custom ordered my '08 Vride this year. I think the VLX is a great boat, but I don't want a "BIGGER" Vride. I think it would be ashame for Malibu to completely discontinue the 94" beam on a vdrive boat. Not everyone wants a bigger boat. We have a cabin on the water with a dock and boat lift. We don't need a big boat to spend the entire day on. We need a boat that generates a great wake and is easily maneuverable in and out of our boat slip...

I'd prefer to see them use the latest engineering techniques to design a new 94" beam wake hull. Other than interior room, is their an engineering/performance reason that Malibu is moving towards beamier boats???

Edited by Cory