Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf wake dialed in

jetskipro550

At Shasta this past week we were able to spend some time playing around with our surf wake. In the pictures below there are 4 people in the boat and we have 750lbs in the rear locker and 500lbs in the center locker. I really life how forgiving this wake is and how far back you can ride it!

Me playing around with the rope

IMG_1421.jpg

My brother playing around with the rope.

IMG_1504.jpg

We sped the boat up a bit as he wanted to see how far back he could still "catch" the wake.

IMG_1500.jpg

Another one, just like the one above.

IMG_1470-2.jpg

Pretty sick wake!!!! Might have to try that combo when we try to surf for the first time. Thanks

If you have front ballast I would fill that up too and see what it does. We don't have any front ballast (just center and rear) and I think our boat could use a few hundred pounds up in the bow.

JSP, why does the wake look so much bigger while your brother surfs?

;)

JSP, why does the wake look so much bigger while your brother surfs?

;)

Camera angle :unsure:

In the 1st and 2nd picture the wake should be the same (ie same speed same weight) so if they look different it is probably just the angle. On the 3rd and 4th pics we are going a few mph faster and have moved weight into the bow so he could see how far back he could ride.

and have moved weight into the bow

Ohhhhhh. I thought maybe it was a weight issue depending on which one of you was in the boat. . .

Biggrin.gif

Believe it or not, he has about 10lbs on me...but that doesn't say much cause we are both fat @$$es :lol:

It's ok you have a much better farmer tan...