Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge Sticks

On my 07' 23LSV the power wedge will stick, i can get it to go down just fine, but when i try to get it back up it sticks, if i go yank on it once or twice ( it does not move, just putting pressure on it) it will come back up, any ideas, i have taken it to the dealer twice, they take it out on the lake and say it works fine, put it up and down 50 times. this has been a problem since i bought it new. Any ideas?

How is the dealer testing the wedge (on or off the water?) This may make the difference between it actng up when you go to the mechanic. I do not have a power wedge myself, but it seems to me that it may be an electrical short. If it is a mechanical problem it has been my experience that it is works or it doesnt. Electrical problems seem to come and go.

Good luck, hope you get it fixed!

I had thought I had that problem, but as I read the manual I didn't realize that I had to be moving forward to engage the wedge to lift up. Just put in gear and hit the up button. You probably tried this but just giving some advice from past experiences. :werule:

I had thought I had that problem, but as I read the manual I didn't realize that I had to be moving forward to engage the wedge to lift up. Just put in gear and hit the up button. You probably tried this but just giving some advice from past experiences. :werule:

dealer took it to the lake, know about having to go forward, just seems wierd that if i go give it a yank, it will come up everytime

dealer took it to the lake, know about having to go forward, just seems wierd that if i go give it a yank, it will come up everytime

Mine seems to stick every once and awhile. When it does I just have to pick up the speed a little bit (6-10 MPH) on the boat and it will go back up.

• 2 weeks later...

Doug,

we had a loaner '06 that was brand new for about a month and a half that had the issue. The dealer could never make it happen either, but every now and then it would do it to me. As it was a loaner I didn't press the issue and the new one hasn't done it yet.

Have you ever noticed that sometimes it goes up but not all the way? I've noticed this twice on my boat now. The gauge says it's all the way up, but when I get up to speed I'm throwing one helluva rooster tail! I just put it all the way down and all the way back up and the rooster tail was gone. Weird...

This is not reassuring. I am having the same problem on my '07 23 XTI. I bought the boat new in March of this year, and when it was delivered to me I had this problem the first time out. My guage for the power wedge position does not work, so I have to get that fixed. I had the wedge stick in the down position on my 2nd outing with the boat, and I couldn't do over 20 MPH. Mad.gif I was not happy to say the least! The third time out, the wedge was at about a 45 degree angle when I got the boat back on the trailer. I got it back up on the next outing, and I haven't touched it since. Luckily none of us are good enough at wake boarding yet to take advantage of the wedge. The ballast is all I want right now!

I'm going to make an appointment this week to get mine in with the local dealer in hopes that they can fix this issue. I'm not holding my breath, though, considering others' same experience.

Trevor

same here, mine does it and my dealer blamed it on voltage from my stereo upgrades.... i ran the boat with only the headunit powered and the problem has reoccured....shut the boat off, try it again and sometimes it will magically work ....same thing, give it a little tug or go 10mph+++ and it will usually move....hydraulic arms are getting bound up or the water is preventing lubrication is my guess.......