Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

depth finder driving me nuts

does anyone have a good manual on the factory depth finders mine flashs 0.5 80% of the time I have tried turning the alarm OFF but no luck. I just want it to read thr depth and quit flashing at me.

does anyone have a good manual on the factory depth finders mine flashs 0.5 80% of the time I have tried turning the alarm OFF but no luck. I just want it to read thr depth and quit flashing at me.

mine does the same thing. I have had some success by discounting the plug from the back of the guage, cleaning it, and plugging in again. worked well last year. this year it is blinking again. the book says that means it is not getting a valid signal. i talked to lowrance about it, and they said to send in the gauge for 69.99 they'll check it out. I have seen new units for about that price on sale...

mine does the same thing. I have had some success by discounting the plug from the back of the guage, cleaning it, and plugging in again. worked well last year. this year it is blinking again. the book says that means it is not getting a valid signal. i talked to lowrance about it, and they said to send in the gauge for 69.99 they'll check it out. I have seen new units for about that price on sale...

thanks for the info so to be clear is it the gauge or the sending unit that causes the signal loss?

thanks for the info so to be clear is it the gauge or the sending unit that causes the signal loss?

well that is the funny part, lowrance says its either the gauge or the transducer that is causing the problem (well duh, thanks, since there is only 2 components, good deduction). So you need to send them both in (not sure how you send in a tranducer that is drilled thru the hull)...

Check the transducer. Mine (on a 98 Response) was a shoot through where the transducer was glued or epoxyed to the inside of the hull. In my situation I think they used silicone and it had loosened. If there is an air gap it will not work. You will need to clean off the old glue clean the hull and re-epoxy it to the hull. Hope this helps.

Mine on the bottom is perfectly flush with the hull I assume there are all this way, inside there is a connection I can screw apart is it wise to do this to check things out?

I had to have mine replaced in my 2006 RLXI. The dealer told me Malibu has had a lot problems with the transducers. The transducer needs to be replaced. Mine id the samthing. It drove me nuts all last summer. I had it replaced at the end of last year and so far this year everyhing is working good.

Edited by Tahoe07

well that is the funny part, lowrance says its either the gauge or the transducer that is causing the problem (well duh, thanks, since there is only 2 components, good deduction). So you need to send them both in (not sure how you send in a tranducer that is drilled thru the hull)...

Does Malibu use Lowrance transducers for all of their boats?

I wanted enable the depth finder feature on my boat and the dealer wanted $400 for the transducer only.

Does this sound right?

I wanted enable the depth finder feature on my boat and the dealer wanted $400 for the transducer only.

Does this sound right?

not sure what they use now, but my '99 and '00 both had lowrance (model LDT-3003). I have seen these at West Marine for $99, and cheaper on the internet. Not sure which tranducer he is quoting you for $400. Mine is the In hull vs thru hull. So mine is drilled directly through the hull, as opposed to being glued to the hull. Also not sure how yours connects to the display, mine is the old style with seperate display.

Does this sound right?

When I added it to my 'Bu I had to buy the transducer and the module. I think it was almost $400 for the setup. That sounds like what they are selling you.

Edited by kiley