Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

monsoon Distributor Cap & rotor

2003 wakesetter xti, monsoon 320

im needing a new cap and rotor, spark plugs??????

should i stay factory or is there better stuff out there???

thanks in advance!!

trent

Edited by tlpru

I use Accel brand cap and rotor. Part # 8132. It has all copper electrodes and will last longer in the marine environment. I havn't even considered changing my spark plugs yet, but when I do in about 10+ years, I will go with the AC Delco's platinums again.

Edited by electricjohn

i would go quicksilver, I'm extremely happy with the quality of the parts they produce (might be more expensive but they seem to last a lot longer than my neighbor and his napa marine parts) http://bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?C...ryID=501

soundsetter, i disagree 100% AC plugs are horrible, the porcelain cracks way to easily, i run NGK in everything i own and i have never had one fail.

Electricjohn, Platinum plugs are a waste of money in a 160 degree marine motor, they never get hot enough to burn off the carbon like automotive plugs do at 240 degrees. Plus if you winterize your boat (properly) with fogging oil you ruin the plugs anyways. A set of standard NGK's will run better longer in a marine motor hands down plus they will be a third of the price to a platinum plug. In a car that's a whole differnt ball game, you should use platinum.

Electricjohn, Platinum plugs are a waste of money in a 160 degree marine motor, they never get hot enough to burn off the carbon like automotive plugs do at 240 degrees. Plus if you winterize your boat (properly) with fogging oil you ruin the plugs anyways. A set of standard NGK's will run better longer in a marine motor hands down plus they will be a third of the price to a platinum plug. In a car that's a whole differnt ball game, you should use platinum.

98; The platinum plugs came with the motor when new. I have no intentions of changing them for a long time yet. I look at them at the end of each season and they still look fine.

• 1 month later...