Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 LSV Dash

2THEL8K

I'm new to this forum and came across this site when I did a Google search on '2009 VLX'. I came close to pulling the trigger this year, but decided to wait on more season before I buy a boat. I will most likely go for the VLX, and I read a thread on this forum where someone else asked for any known changes in 2009. My question is regarding the new dash for the LSV this year, and the potential for that dash being used for the VLX in '09. If this question has already been asked, please point me to the thread that discusses this.

I was just wondering what the general sentiment is for the new dash. At a few of the shows I attended this year, both dealer and customer feedback seemed to be a bit negative. It just seems to be a step back in terms of a good design, and the older VLX/LSV dash (from the past few years) is much lower profile and looks better IMHO. It's seems that visibility is not as good, especially when paired with the vented windshield which puts a bar right in the drivers line of sight, and it just seems bulky and not nearly as attractive as previous dashes. I could be way off here and just wanted to know if any other opinions on this topic have been shared. I'm a long time Malibu fan and still believe there is no better boat on the water, but in all honesty, I was disappointed with a few of the LSV changes this year and fear those could bleed over to the VLX.

Any other thoughts, opinions?

Thank you

I agree the new dash is very unattractive I'm pretty dissapointed with the new windshield as well. I think the whole black box thing is a joke. I don't like the tower much, I'd probably opt for the Titan instead of the new illusion. The new hull design is awesome though, I really like the new lines of the boat.

I've been hearing the new VLX won't have the same great wake as the current ones?

No, the new VLX uses a dash that is much lower, and not as bulky. It's very nicely done, and incorporates quite a few new features.

Wait for the 09 release. The vlx has a new dash that combines the old the new and the fixes from all the lsv complaints.

Thank you liljohn, glad to know they are addressing some of these areas. I'll be anxious to see the new pics when they are available. Curious what you've heard about "all the lsv complaints" (what are they?) that may be addressed in the '09s? Another thing I hope they address with the 09 VLX is the speaker/control platform in the rear seat backrest. Personally, I think that's a poor location, not just for people sitting in the back seat, but especially with kids. Seems to be a damage prone area, and probably not as comfortable for a middle seat passenger.

He's referring to the complaints that the new dash is too tall, and the audio control build into the LCD switch plates don't work well. Both of those issues have been fixed (at least on the VLX, as it is brand new).

The rear remote control is still located in the same place, but it's an option, you don't have to get it if you don't want it.