Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

engine overheating

I have changed impeller, cleaned the screen, changed the thermostat, and now need to change the water pump. How hard is it

to do??

Water pumps don't fail very often & when they do usually they just leak. When you're chasing an overheat condition don't overlook the exhaust manifolds . When the thermostat opens the hot water leaves the engine through the manifolds. When the manifolds are plugged the water has nowhere to go. At about 500 hrs I had to remove mine & clean them out with a pressure washer. Disconnect the jumper line between the 2 manifolds in the rear & make sure both manifolds drain.

I had to get a new raw water pump. The way I found out I needed one was I bought a few clear hoses so I could see the water flow. One clear hose from the raw water pump to trainy cooler and one clear hose to exhaust manifold. I had very little flow. I replaced my raw water pump and all was good.

You might check for blockage elsewhere too.