Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

If I let go of the steering wheel the VLX turns right?

Hey Guys,

Need some help here. I drove my friend's 2008 VLX and it has weird steering wheel behavior. If I let go of the wheel, the wheel spins a bit and the boat turns right. Basically, I have to hold my hand on the steering wheel at all times to keep it from wanting to turn right. My other buddy has a 2007 VLX and doesn't have this issue at all...no need to hold the steering wheel. What gives? Thanks for the help!

Totally normal for an inboard ski boat!

Your friend must have his rudder adjusted to have no pull.

-Chris

OK, gotcha. Yeah my supra doesn't pull, but I have a friend with an MB that does pull. I thought it was strange that the 08 VLX pulled, but the 07 VLX didn't. Any insight on how to adjust the rudder?

I would guess the rudder is the same as my 05 RLXi. There is a small allen head style set screw. It is an easy adjustment to make. It make take you a few tries to get it right. It is easiest to do while the boat is on the trailer or the lift.

Totally normal for an inboard ski boat!

Your friend must have his rudder adjusted to have no pull.

-Chris

OK, gotcha. Yeah my supra doesn't pull, but I have a friend with an MB that does pull. I thought it was strange that the 08 VLX pulled, but the 07 VLX didn't. Any insight on how to adjust the rudder?

You can see it here.

DSC00715.jpg

Come on, pull to the right....easy adjustment. I told you!!! Whistling.gif

Lake Belton??? Do you have a video on youtube??? Sometimes do you ride with big tall guy, middle age, but really cool??? Thumbup.gif

Holmezzz

Come on, pull to the right....easy adjustment. I told you!!! Whistling.gif

Lake Belton??? Do you have a video on youtube??? Sometimes do you ride with big tall guy, middle age, but really cool??? Thumbup.gif

Holmezzz

Thanks for the help guys!

What's up Holmes! Going out for a sunrise set Saturday morning...you in?

Waiting on the audio guy. Can't wait to get my boat back. Hopefully Fri. pm, Sat. early & late (testing the lights), Sun. afternoon. You in?

Waiting on the audio guy. Can't wait to get my boat back. Hopefully Fri. pm, Sat. early & late (testing the lights), Sun. afternoon. You in?

Definitely...let me know if you get it back for the weekend. You can come out with us. I'm hoping Billy at Austin Surf Company will have my custom wakesurfer ready to pick up on the way home Fri night....we can give it a test run.