Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HELP

Hi all....I am new to the forum so HELLO to everyone. I love forums like this because they are an invaluable resource. I have been a part of another snowmobile forum that is great, so I can't wait to dig in here as well.

I finally achieved my dream of owning a malibu ski boat. Rockon.gifYahoo.gif I have always had a boat my whole life with my family but never one of my own and always has been a I/O. I found a great deal on a nice, well taken care of 03 wakesetter and my family and I love it. I have had it out twice and it rides great except for one problem. When I am surfing and have the wedge down it won't plane out.. Mad.gif .it will only go 10 mph..which still works for surfing but my buddy owns an 06 and I know that I should be able to plane out no problem with the hammer down. When I say 10 mph with the wedge down...it is with full throttle. At first thought I figured it could be the prop..but when I empty the ballast and pull the wedge up and ski behind it....it pulls me out of the hole like is should.....confused at what it could be.....thought someone here could have some ideas.....

Thanks in advance,

:werule:

Hmmmmmmmmm................ :unsure: So you're saying that the boat will not plane when weighted? How much weight are you running? And being that you've only owned I/O's, what do you think is a reasonable pull out of the hole? A ski/wakeboard boat should not pull you out of the hole anything like an I/O No.gif It should be much more abrupt (for lack of a better term) than your old I/O's were. I would have to say that propping is your issue, but w/o being w/ you it's hard to say Dontknow.gif For comparison sake, we run 750's in the lockers, 750 in the ski locker area, 400 on the pass side seat, and another 400 up front (7 adults) and get a great surf wake and the boat can still plane out (allthough it takes a little work to get there). I'm sure others will chime in as well.

BTW................ Welcome.gif

Edited by SCOTTDOMINE

You're not putting the Wedge down correctly. It needs to be locked in the down position, otherwise it will swing up and act as an anchor.

So...I have to say thanks for the responses.....After you posted I went out on my boat and pretended I was in the water on the swim deck and put the wedge down....You were right....I wasn't pushing the tabs in and then locking it into place. It was extremely hard to push in to get it to lock...so when I was on the water I just assumed that it locked into place like when you pulled it up.... :blush: I feel pretty dumb considering my best friend owns an 06' but he should feel even worse because he was with me.... Bash.gif.....anyway...I'm certain that this was the case and can't wait to get the wake dialed in for wakesurfing....Thanks again guys appreciate the help..... Surfing.gif on!!!!!!!

:thankyou:

OK...call me an idiot...why would you go WOT with the wedge down if you are surfing. I can imagine that crankin across the lake with the wedge down would be all that good for it. I've seen some pretty messed up wedges...don't know if they were due to speed but I'm not testing the theory.

OK...call me an idiot...why would you go WOT with the wedge down if you are surfing. I can imagine that crankin across the lake with the wedge down would be all that good for it. I've seen some pretty messed up wedges...don't know if they were due to speed but I'm not testing the theory.

Agreed,

I wouldn't normally go with a WOT with the wedge down but it would only go 10 mph....basically because I wasn't locking it into place. Went out last night and tested it out....what a great ride.....Love the boat..I'll post pics soon.