Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Brake Pads for Extreme Trailer

I have a 2004 Malibu LSV with a tandom Trailer on it. I believe its an extreme trailer but I can't be sure because the Manufacture decal has nothing printed on it.

My brake pads have worn out and I need to replace them. I can't get them anywhere. My dealer says they don't work on trailers and When I called Extreme they gave me some auto makes to get brake pads for and they don't fit. I took my pads into a few shops and they couldn't match the pads to anything in there book.

SO HOW THE HELL ARE ALL YOU BOAT OWNERS OUT THERE REPLACING YOUR TRAILER BRAKE PADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help me.

Thanks

Look in the yellow pages for a trailer shop and Napa then take them your old pads to match them up. You may want to look at your bearings at the same time along with turning the rotors.

Ok I was able to get the pads figured out. I am posting this for all of you who have Extreme trailers. The pad for mine was a 98-2000 kia sophia pad.

Hope that helps somebody.

The Brakes for Extreme trailers are made by UFP (unique functional products.net ). Best place to get pads are any aftermarket auto parts store. You can easily get one turn off the rotors before they become too thin. If you need those, they're pretty inexpensive (~50 buck a rotor). Look under Pacific Trailers online parts. They're out of Corona, Ca.

Ok I was able to get the pads figured out. I am posting this for all of you who have Extreme trailers. The pad for mine was a 98-2000 kia sophia pad.

I was going to suggest looking at that. I am pretty sure that is the same brakes that Ryan Trailers are using. I remember it being from a Kia, of that vintage.

The Kia brakes also apply to Boatmate trailers with UFP brakes.