Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sweet Mastercraft...take a look

99response

i think the bird story is BS too. this boat has all the signs of a neglected salt water used boat (all the hull fading, stainless steel rust streaks, etc). I know what it takes to maintain a boat in salt, and this boat definetly has the signs of one used and not taken care of.

i think for the right price, it would be a real good project though.

Plus1.gif

it says in the description that it was used in salt water too

Use: Fresh water, Salt water

thanks. i didn't read that close, i got mesmerised by all the pictures.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• areamike

• WakeGirl

• 99response

• NorCaliBu

I've done project boats, and my guess just seeing pictures is that it's a low teens boat as far as dollars. You have to assume the motor needs replaced, although you may get lucky. Interior....don't know what to say. That's horrible. Do birds really peck at good vinyl seats? I don't buy it either. and the engine cover looks baked in the sun to be all cracked like that. And is is just me or does the exterior gel look all faded and chalky looking. IE, in bad need of a buff job. Don't get me wrong, this is all fixable stuff, but a huge project considering it needs mechanical, interior, and possibly exterior fixing. Disgusting to see an '01 look like that.

Over $6k that is crazy now.

You don't think it's worth $6k? To the right person with time, patience, and know-how, like I said in my last post I think this boat is worth $12k easy with a lot of room to make money. A guy I work with just bought either a '99 or '00 209 for $28k I think.

I'm sure it is worth whatever some one want's to pay for it. I even thought about it, but I didn't think it would get this high. Would love to take on a project like this again.

hey hey that might be MY POS pretty soon so lets play nice

Perfect. That is, you're the perfect owner for a POS like that. Just don't sell your real boat. :lol:

hey hey that might be MY POS pretty soon so lets play nice

Perfect. That is, you're the perfect owner for a POS like that. Just don't sell your real boat. :lol:

Ouch is right, thanks Tracie for sticking up for me while I'm away on vacation.

Jack, my "real" boat is the POS right now, took it up for a week of vacation and of course on day 1 right before we go to ski the flippin thing develops an ECM running issue (read...DOA). After all the effort I've put into the darn thing I was ready to pull the plugs and watch it go down. So I'm rockin an 07 V-ride this week. Then I can fix and sell my POS and buy something cool like a VTX (don't worry I'll send you the $5)

In regards to the Mastercraft, its a whole 18 hours of driving to pick the darn thing up, so I think I will pass. It would be a fun project though...

-Chris

Am I the only one that noticed he was standing on the vinyl with his shoes on ?!?!?!

I only looked at the first few pic's before I felt sick. Vomit.gif

I guess that explains the condition of his boat...no respect. What kind of buffoon gets into a boat with their shoes on? Bash.gif

Whistling.gif

Am I the only one that noticed he was standing on the vinyl with his shoes on ?!?!?!

I only looked at the first few pic's before I felt sick. Vomit.gif

I guess that explains the condition of his boat...no respect. What kind of buffoon gets into a boat with their shoes on? Bash.gif

Whistling.gif

SHOES + BOAT = DEATH to DUMBASS

I drive by an 03ish vlx on my way to work every morning. It's been tied to a dock without a cover on it since the beginning of May. Its seen rain, hail, etc. It has to be in similar condition to that MC.

I drive by an 03ish vlx on my way to work every morning. It's been tied to a dock without a cover on it since the beginning of May. Its seen rain, hail, etc. It has to be in similar condition to that MC.

try and get some pictures...hahahaha Whistling.gif

Jack, my "real" boat is the POS right now, took it up for a week of vacation and of course on day 1 right before we go to ski the flippin thing develops an ECM running issue (read...DOA).

Oh Chris, sorry to hear that. Wouldn't wish that on anybody, not even NorCaliButt.

Not that I think you should sell, but I'd like a pull behind a VTX one of these days. Not that I think *I* should sell, either. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure my wife doesn't think I should think about selling. . .

I'm not sure why you guys are worried about the shoes. The saying about closing the barn door after the fact comes to mind.

I had ulterior motives in mentioning the shoes... Whistling.gif

:lol: He who has worn shoes in the boat of another knows what I'm talking about. Tease2.gif

:lol:

I'm not sure why you guys are worried about the shoes. The saying about closing the barn door after the fact comes to mind.

I had ulterior motives in mentioning the shoes... Whistling.gif

:lol: He who has worn shoes in the boat of another knows what I'm talking about. Tease2.gif

:lol:

Not sure how I missed that one. :Doh:

After seeing the interior, I don't think I would have taken my shoes off either...

Nice green stuff on the underside of the cover too. Yuck!

it reminds me of the old saying. "You don't pee in my pool, I don't swim in your toilet."

IMO, Shoes have no place in a ski/wake/barefoot boat.

I'm sorry, I started the shoe mentioning trend, it was tounge in cheek, thus the ROFL.gif icon. It would have been funnier if he had taken them off.

DG