Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sweet Mastercraft...take a look

99response

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• areamike

• WakeGirl

• 99response

• NorCaliBu

prolly take about 4K in upholstery....

if you can get it for under 18, stick 5K in it, you should be able to get close to 28 for it, not?

might need to buy a trailer.

maybe make 4-5K through the process?!

I wonder how it is mechanically? if the interior is that trashed it didn't see any mech. maintenance....and that stuff can be much more $$$.

my .02 cents

i'd love to see the restore process, too!

What's up with the interior ... pelicans/herrond attack it?

Yeah, that's what the description says.

Leave it to an MC owner. Whistling.gif If that was my kid, he/she wouldn't be going to College after that little mishap.

What's up with the interior ... pelicans/herrond attack it?

It sounds so crazy it has to be true...

As for how much money it needs, a trailer, a motor, and interior they do add up pretty quick!

-Chris

Wye would someone name their boat after the Maryland State Tree?

The guy sells a lot of boats and has pretty good feedback.

I would make sure that at least the hull is in good condition. he doesn't say much about that. any gouges/scratches you should know about?

prolly take about 4K in upholstery....

if you can get it for under 18, stick 5K in it, you should be able to get close to 28 for it, not?

might need to buy a trailer.

maybe make 4-5K through the process?!

I wonder how it is mechanically? if the interior is that trashed it didn't see any mech. maintenance....and that stuff can be much more $$$.

my .02 cents

i'd love to see the restore process, too!

$1800, I hope you are saying! I wouldn't pay anywhere near 18k for that disaster. You 're going to need more than 4-5K to restore that and get a trailer.

Edited by TheBlackPearl

Man, what a crying shame. It's amazing how some people can treat a 30k+ investment as a "throw away".

It says the motor's probably cooked because he forgot to open the raw water intake. Doesn't that Northstar motor have closed cooling (good since it was in salt)? Not sure exactly how that works but does it still use some sort of water to water heat exchanger that needs raw water?

I suppose for less then $2k + expense to get it up to Mass it's probably not a bad deal even if the story is a line of crap. I have to say that someoene with a nice looking property/ walkway down to the dock and a $100k dock it just seems a little odd. Hull seems rather clean?!?!? Good luck if you pull the trigger, the CREW will be waiting for the step by step pictures!!!

Edited by CLOUT1
hey hey that might be MY POS pretty soon so lets play nice

ooooh..he's stepping over to the "Dark Side"...muhahahahahahaha Tongue.gif

Edited by areamike
What's funny is that he took so many pictures to show what a POS it really is.

I'm sure he just didn't want the eventual buyer saying that they didn't know....

:unsure: You know what say..."more dollars than sense". Crazy.gif

i think the bird story is BS too. this boat has all the signs of a neglected salt water used boat (all the hull fading, stainless steel rust streaks, etc). I know what it takes to maintain a boat in salt, and this boat definetly has the signs of one used and not taken care of.

i think for the right price, it would be a real good project though.

i think the bird story is BS too. this boat has all the signs of a neglected salt water used boat (all the hull fading, stainless steel rust streaks, etc). I know what it takes to maintain a boat in salt, and this boat definetly has the signs of one used and not taken care of.

i think for the right price, it would be a real good project though.

Plus1.gif

it says in the description that it was used in salt water too

Use: Fresh water, Salt water