Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

As if the crappy weather wasn't enough....

greenworks

This week after finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel with rain and cold Badmood.gif a oil company broke a buried line upstream of our lake under the river and dumped 125 barrels of oil on it and the river. Causing environment officals to shut it down until cleaned, which I have been told could take weeks if not months.... man this year sucks now my next lake is over a hour away good thing diesel is so cheap Frustrated.gif

This week after finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel with rain and cold Badmood.gif a oil company broke a buried line upstream of our lake under the river and dumped 125 barrels of oil on it and the river. Causing environment officals to shut it down until cleaned, which I have been told could take weeks if not months.... man this year sucks now my next lake is over a hour away good thing diesel is so cheap Frustrated.gif

That stinks. But on the up side, you now have an excuse to take several weekend trips this summer to camp on your favorite lake since you need to get the most out of each trip!

MalibuNation

Today will be the 3rd day in a row with it being mostly sunny and highs only in the 60s, weird ... and Saturday will be the longest day of the year!

Was in the water last night and it's still ok, but still cool for this time of year.

Air is coming straight out of Canada.

The weather here in the Seattle area has been brutal. Way colder than normal and not really any sunny days except a couple. Way more rain than normal too. Good thing the weather's nice to work outside becasue all this rain the weeds are growing like crazy!

We've only had the boat out 3 times and my wifes starting to question whether or not it's worth having it and only using it for 3 months out of the year and when we have access to friends boats and I have some access through work......It's really a depressing thing to think about. The winters have been incredible the last couple of years and even though I love to snow ski and may go this weekend at Mt. Rainer i'd trade it for a 85/90 deg. day...... man I'm really missing those hot days hanging out on the boat and knowing it's the best place you could be on such a nice day.

Whewwwwww, that felt good. Much easier than taking an hour out of my day to see a professional.

I heard this on the radio while driving to work, they said it broke near the Red Deer river and flowed into Glennifer Lake, and now they're reporting possibly up to 200 barrels leaked.....that sucks big time for you guy's. If you need a place to board ring me up and come on up to my little secluded lake. Thumbup.gif

That is a bummer for everyone in that area, sorry to hear about what happened. Here is Calif. we'll be lucky to have water by the end of summer, hoping for a better winter this year not that it comes sooner but we really need the water.

The weather here in the Seattle area has been brutal (snip)

It rains in Seattle?? Whistling.gif

After living there for 23 yrs, and seeing the sun over only a handful of 4th of July weekends, you couldn't pay me enough to move back.

It's cool on this side of the state too, but I'm just glad I'm not being dumped on daily.

Today will be the 3rd day in a row with it being mostly sunny and highs only in the 60s, weird ... and Saturday will be the longest day of the year!

Was in the water last night and it's still ok, but still cool for this time of year.

It was around 102 here today, clear and sunny. What is a heater used for in a boat? ROFL.gif

Yikes! I'm sorry to hear that. Those HSE guys have tough jobs.

Which Lake??

I'm coming for an extended weekend and spending time at Wabamum and or Pidgeon. I know Wabamum had that oil in the lake problem from a train derailment.

Re the weather, the bright side.... we were the only boat on the water tonight. Cold keeps the wally's away.

Yeah Bill (Air Junky), you know you miss good old Lake Sammamish. I've lived here for 35 years (can't remember all of them) and this year is the exception. We've been breaking all kinds of records, amount of rain in one day, amount of rain in a month, April was the coldest April on record and I think June is on its way to being the wettest June on record or something.

So not to sound like an A$$, but the floods in the midwest, droughts in CA. and the oil spill do make me feel a little better. Hopefully they get the spill dealt with quickly; that's a little bit more brutal than the Seattle weather. I'm just hoping that the quakes in China don't make there way over the to San Andreas Fault.

dumped 125 barrels of oil
Isn't that like dumping 5 million dollars down the drain right now???

:unsure: Is that the new math? :unsure:

:unsure: Oil is just under $140/barrel X 125 barrels = $17,500 :unsure:

Might hit 5 million bucks after the clean-up, fines, and pay-off to the enviro-nazis to avoid litigation.

My Dad live's in Escanaba and was saying this was the first day of sun shine in some time. Even had a chance to mow the grass. I was telling him how great the rain would be for the great lakes and all the small lakes around seeing how they all are down about 2 ft.

The weather here in the Seattle area has been brutal. Way colder than normal and not really any sunny days except a couple. Way more rain than normal too. Good thing the weather's nice to work outside becasue all this rain the weeds are growing like crazy!

We've only had the boat out 3 times and my wifes starting to question whether or not it's worth having it and only using it for 3 months out of the year and when we have access to friends boats and I have some access through work......It's really a depressing thing to think about. The winters have been incredible the last couple of years and even though I love to snow ski and may go this weekend at Mt. Rainer i'd trade it for a 85/90 deg. day...... man I'm really missing those hot days hanging out on the boat and knowing it's the best place you could be on such a nice day.

Whewwwwww, that felt good. Much easier than taking an hour out of my day to see a professional.

I can relate!

Banks Lake next weekend for 3 days! Clap.gif

The weather here in the Seattle area has been brutal (snip)

It rains in Seattle?? Whistling.gif

After living there for 23 yrs, and seeing the sun over only a handful of 4th of July weekends, you couldn't pay me enough to move back.

It's cool on this side of the state too, but I'm just glad I'm not being dumped on daily.

I can relate to this too! I really liked living on the eastside when I went to WSU. We have been Vacationing at Priest Lk the last two years (and on and off since I was 5) and this summer also. Definitely on the short list (uh, Inland Empire, not sure if I could afford a house on Priest) of where we could be moving later.