Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

CWB Faction

bsoss

Anyone have any expirience with the CWB Faction board and bindings? I found a left over 07 with a bag for $350 and a new 08 for under $500. I like the look of the 08. Any owners of either model out there with feedback?

Anyone have any expirience with the CWB Faction board and bindings? I found a left over 07 with a bag for $350 and a new 08 for under $500. I like the look of the 08. Any owners of either model out there with feedback?

My daughter's board is a 2007 Faction. Due to cold water my closed-toe Shane's are on it right now. Due to my boots being on her board, I have been riding it. Clap.gif The faction is superior to my HL Premier (2004?). Better lift off the wake, smoother crashes. Err, landings. Spins super easy on the surface, great edge control. I freaked myself out with the air I was getting Saturday morning. Crazy.gif Couldn't tell you spit about the faction bindings, though. Unfortunately she'll be taking the board to camp so I have to go back to mine.

Her riding with the new board (Thanks Santa) is superior to last year by a ton.

Thanks for the insight. I think I'm going to stop by the local shop and pick up an 08 if I get time today. The water temp is still only 57, but the air temp is pushing 80. Should be warm enough for no wetsuit...

I have the 08 Faction bindings and LOVE them so far. Only ridden a couple of times. They tend to be more loose if your used to actual LEG support. It has great forefoot and ankle support and is promoted to be a more free-moving boot. Which hindside, I think I like b/c if I have a hard fall I want my feet to come out.

They are VERY easy to get into and I am a fan of the switch hinge tech. Just seems more of a postive LOCK into place than the 07 pull up mech.

Hope this helps,

i have the 07 faction combo. i love the bindings they are so comfortable, i oftem have my friends trying to use mine. the board is nice i like it alot but recently my brother got a Ronix ONE and it is very similar to the faction except alot lighter and more poppy. if i had to choose again i think i would go with the ronix simply for the weight reduction. it is a big difference if you hold them side my side.