Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat and Cracks in the Carlisle trailer tires

thethrillofspeed

Last August I purchased a 2006 Response as a year end close out. Since that time it has been in a garage. Last weekend I finally had time to wash my boat. When I was cleaning the tires I discovered there are cracks in the tires. My eight year old quad trailer tires look fine, but the tires holding up my new boat have cracks. Where do I start this battle, Boat dealer, Carlisle tires, Extreme Trailers or the local tire shop?

Somewhere on the sidewall of the tire is an oval embossing with a four-digit set of numbers. The first two numbers are the week of the year, and the second set of two are the year of manufacture. For example 0108 would be the first week of 2008.

Not sure where you live, but in hot climates, three years out of a set of tires is reasonable. I just changed out my travel trailer tires and they were eight years old.

You need to make the decision if they are old enough, or ask your local friendly tire shop what they think.

Hope this helps,

Rg

Last August I purchased a 2006 Response as a year end close out. Since that time it has been in a garage. Last weekend I finally had time to wash my boat. When I was cleaning the tires I discovered there are cracks in the tires. My eight year old quad trailer tires look fine, but the tires holding up my new boat have cracks. Where do I start this battle, Boat dealer, Carlisle tires, Extreme Trailers or the local tire shop?

Tire shine with silocone causes the cracks