Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge Bolt Size

Mechmaster

I was working on the VLX yesterday and noticed that the head was sheared off one of the bolts which connect the Wedge foil to the arms. I have the 'bent' Wedge with (4) of these bolts total, but only (3) of the bolts were still intact.

Luckily, no damage has occured (other than the sheared bolt).

I need to replace the broken bolt. Does anyone know the size and length of an appropriate replacement bolt? Thanks.

I was working on the VLX yesterday and noticed that the head was sheared off one of the bolts which connect the Wedge foil to the arms. I have the 'bent' Wedge with (4) of these bolts total, but only (3) of the bolts were still intact.

I need to replace the broken bolt. Does anyone know the size and length of an appropriate replacement bolt? Thanks.

I was working on my boat today and I noticed that I have one broken also. Looks like I am going to remove the three and take the wedge off then use an easy out. That Stainless can be tough drill.

On my older Wedge, they are 1/4X24 (fine thread) SS flat head bolts and I believe they are 1 1/4 long.

I had a bolt sheared on my 4 bolt wedge. (2004 LSV) Malibu sent me 4 new "special" bolts. Apparently they were not "special" enough because two of them sheared and left me with the dreaded bent strut. Malibu sent a new strut/wedge assembly with a 6 bolt wedge. I have had no trouble since. All under warrantee.............love my 'Bu!