Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Lookin for a new board...any ideas/suggestions?

tdizzle

So i'm finally ready to upgrade my board and am looking for some good suggestions on boards. I've ridden Hyperlight all my life and have been very pleased. Currently i'm riding an '05 Parks 136 board. I love the feel that it has when i get on its edges and has great pop.

However the board is very heavy and i'm looking to lighten up. I've been thinking of switching over to the Ronix One series board but i'm not completely sold yet. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

When I was at The Boarding School I asked about different boards. In the Ronix line the only one that they recommended was the Covin. They thought that the others were fairly specific to a particular pro's riding style.

I'm going to demo a LF Lyman tomorrow, which they thought was a great board. I tried the 08 HL Murray and didn't really like it. I tried it all week and now kick myself a bit for not demoing some of the other boards they had in the HL line. My son used the B-side all week and really liked it. I would like to demo it, maybe the 08 Era and also the Slingshot Response or Recoil as I have heard good things about them.

I do think that it is important to demo the board first and see how it fits your riding style.

ya my buddy just got a covin board. i'll have to try his one of these days. i haven't really heard a whole lot about the LF boards. i'll have to read up on them a little more

What do you like in a board?

I have a B-side and it tracks well, lands soft, pops great, and is fast. However I came from a Marius and just thought the board was a tad tight for me.

JohnSVT,

Got your PM...but what do you mean by "tight"?

This would be a great board to try, except I am just learning my Marius. Whistling.gif

I have a B-side and it tracks well, lands soft, pops great, and is fast. However I came from a Marius and just thought the board was a tad tight for me.

I have an 08 murray and love it! its fast, has great pop, love the rails on it and its really light!

This is why you need to demo different boards. I struggled with the Murray for a week and never really felt comfortable with it. I tried out the Lyman this morning and loved it. I was having so much fun I was laughing out on the water. I was riding the Lyman without the inner fins and it was really loose which I like, but it tracked great when I put it on edge. The pop was consistent and the landings were soft and easy. I liked it more than the O'Brien Clutch I have been riding for the last few years.

I still want to try the Slingshot boards and maybe the Covin.

Well i really love how my parks board holds its edge when i get on it and it has a consistent pop too. the biggest thing i don't like about it is how heavy it is. you can really feel the swing weight when you start throwing spins and inverts.

Well i really love how my parks board holds its edge when i get on it and it has a consistent pop too. the biggest thing i don't like about it is how heavy it is. you can really feel the swing weight when you start throwing spins and inverts.

B-side isn't any heavier than a regular CWB...definitely a bit lighter from past HL stuff I have ridden.