Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wax as U Dry suggestions

So, I picked up some eagle 1 wax as u dry and will add this to my wipe down at the end of the day. My question is what does everyone use for wiping down their boats? towels? if so, any particular material, I'm assuming cotton, or chamoius (sp?) or something else. thanks for the suggestions.

Actually, I use a VERY WELL DAMPENED real chamois. I just kinda hit it real fast and wipe the majority of the water off and then rinse and wring as needed. Then I immediately go over the boat head to toe with Babes Boat Bright. Works VERY VERY well....and leaves a slick finish every time. Thumbup.gif

Some wipe with the towels that were used that day, and I did it on my Chaparral...but am convinced that is what lead to swirling in the gelcoat. Now I only use an auto type real chamois. I imagine that a syn-chamois sold most anywhere would work as well.

So, I picked up some eagle 1 wax as u dry and will add this to my wipe down at the end of the day. My question is what does everyone use for wiping down their boats? towels? if so, any particular material, I'm assuming cotton, or chamoius (sp?) or something else. thanks for the suggestions.

I like the wax as u dry idea but I like the meguires product better, I can't remember the product number but it was their final inspection spray. I tried the eagle one product you speak of but did not like it. I never tried it on my boat but did use it on my Corvette. i didn't like it becase it would leave a haze that would have to be wiped off later once the car was completly dry.

I have not perfected a Technique yet, however these are all good suggestions. A friend of mine started squirting Diluted Vinegar on his boat. Not sure what the vinegar does besides make your hands stink.

A friend of mine started squirting Diluted Vinegar on his boat. Not sure what the vinegar does besides make your hands stink.

Gets rid of hard water spots. Not sure I'd use it unless I actually had hard water spots to remove though....

Skip the "wax as you dry" wonder products. Wax the boat once a month during the summer and use an chamois to remove water at the end of the day and you'll be set.

I dry mine off with an absorber then use pledge furniture spray and a microfiber towel. FYI sams clubs has the best microfiber towels like 15 or 20 for $15

MalibuNation
Also gets rid of all the wax on the hull...

That's what I thought and have always wondered about it ... it's acidic so I can see where get rid of spots and wax

I dry mine off with an absorber then use pledge furniture spray and a microfiber towel. FYI sams clubs has the best microfiber towels like 15 or 20 for $15

First time I've heard of this??? use pledge furniture spray

Edited by srintx

First time I've heard of this??? use pledge furniture spray

Yes you will be surprised works like a charm, looks like you waxed all day just spray on wipe off

As long as it has no silicone in it you shouldn't have any problems. Although I'm not quite sure why someone would use that.

Is silicone not good for a boat. I have used Nu-Finish on my car and it has silicone in it and works very well and is eary to apply and remove.

If you have hard water, the h2o and vinegar does well. We have super hard water and you almost have to use it to get rid of waterspots.

use pledge furniture spray and a microfiber towel.

I used to use this on dashboards and car interiors when I worked in detail years ago. Be careful using it on any surface that a person may use as a step, one of the ways our family knows the maid has been to our house is when you slip and hit the floor after she has been spraying the banister over the hardwood floors.

Every member of our family has gone down at the bottom of the stairs and around the buffet table in the dining room.. :)

Edited by jayjoans
Is silicone not good for a boat. I have used Nu-Finish on my car and it has silicone in it and works very well and is eary to apply and remove.

Silicone permeates through gelcoat and can lead to separation between the outer layer of fiberglass and inner layer of gelcoat.