Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Binding Recommendation

srintx

I need some help…I’m looking at buying a new pair of bindings to go on a CWB wakeboard. The pro shops around here don’t have the best selection to choose from. This means I’ll be buying them from an on-line retailer.

I need some help in determining the best pair of binding to accommodate someone with a wider foot in the “toe box” area of the binding. My shoe size is between a 9.5 and 10.5 depending on what shoe it is.

I’ve been told that the Liquid Force Vantage bindings are good. But, they seem a little pricey? I would like to here from riders that have the same problem and what bindings you recommend!

Thanks!

Shawn

I have a wide foot as well, and I feel your pain. Literally!

I just got a pair of 2007 CWB Faction binding, they are just a pinch tight up front, but all and all comfortable.

I would think that any CWB boot with the hinge would be the easiest to adjust for you, since you could always buy a size larger, and then tighten up the hinge a bit if necessary. Unfortunatley for me, I'm already buying a XXL Boot, so I just get what I get. :unsure:

I need some help…I’m looking at buying a new pair of bindings to go on a CWB wakeboard. The pro shops around here don’t have the best selection to choose from. This means I’ll be buying them from an on-line retailer.

I need some help in determining the best pair of binding to accommodate someone with a wider foot in the “toe box” area of the binding. My shoe size is between a 9.5 and 10.5 depending on what shoe it is.

I’ve been told that the Liquid Force Vantage bindings are good. But, they seem a little pricey? I would like to here from riders that have the same problem and what bindings you recommend!

Thanks!

Shawn

My suggestion may be difficult for you since you don't have much to choose from but I would try on as many as you can find. I have a pretty wide foot myself and I have a pair of Phynx (Liquid Force) bindings and they are very comfortable. Try to get a boot that has a tightening strap up top and further down on the boot. I know they seem expensive but it's worth the dough because if your foot isn't comfortable then you won't board as much and if you do, you'll spend half the summer with sores on your feet. Good luck on the search.

The Vantage are awesome!

Didn't get to ride them, but I did try them on at Marine Max.

Unfortunatley their largest size is 12-13+ which felt tight compared to the Faction which was listed as a 13-14. For reference I generally wear a size 13 shoe.

If you order from Wakeside, they incourage you to try on your gear, try it out, and if you don't like it, or it doesn't fit, just return it!

I bought some Hyperlite State bindings from them last year. They were nice boots, but they just ripped on me. I emailed Wakeside and they said to send them back and they would send me some 2008 Hyperlite Remix boots! Nice customer service consider the State boots were almost a year old.

Hyperlite boots are generally wider. The LF boots are generally narrower. The Vantage is actually "cheap" in comparison.

Hack, which Hyperlight would you recommend?

The Vantage are awesome!

Unfortunatley their largest size is 12-13+ which felt tight compared to the Faction which was listed as a 13-14. For reference I generally wear a size 13 shoe.

If you order from Wakeside, they incourage you to try on your gear, try it out, and if you don't like it, or it doesn't fit, just return it!

I bought some Hyperlite State bindings from them last year. They were nice boots, but they just ripped on me. I emailed Wakeside and they said to send them back and they would send me some 2008 Hyperlite Remix boots! Nice customer service consider the State boots were almost a year old.

What are you thoughts on the Remix? I don't think I could do the boots? Do you prefer boots or the open toe?

The Vantage are awesome!

What are you thoughts on the Remix? I don't think I could do the boots? Do you prefer boots or the open toe?

The State, Faction, Remix, & Vantage are all open toe. I've never tried a closed toe boot personally.

I don't have the Remix yet. I just sent my broke State boots back early this week and bought the Factions to play with while I wait. FedEx says Wakeside will get my RMA on Monday, and then I'm hoping I should have the Remix to play with next weekend.

I disagree on the lf/hl comparison...I have had hyperlites in the past and they always hurt my feet. I have a wide foot too...I ended up getting a pair of 07 shane closed toes...they are the most comfortable bindings I've ever seen! you won't be disappointed I promise! they also are on sale just about everywhere for about 200 or less!

It's all opinion based on your individual foot so take it for what it is worth but the Shane is not going to fit well based on your desription and size. I have a wide size 13 foot too and the Shanes were way small.

I wear the new Murray HL. They may be a bit pricy for you though. You can probably get last years' Atlas (I think it was called the 3DS in 07) online. That is a GREAT boot and will likely work for you. The Murray is a good boot. It took a few time to "break in" which is unusual for new bindings. They have LOTS of room.

I've ridden the LF Transits and a few CWB's too. They were all more narrow then the higher end HL's (HL makes lots of models so the lower level ones used to be like waterski boots and that is likely why they hurt others feet).

Finally, I hear - but have no personal experience with - that the O'Briens are wide. Their very high end bindings are always priced at a lower price point (as are their boards). People say good things about them and their value seems high. You can go to www.wakeworld.com and look at all the different bindings offered. Some of them have reviews too.

Good luck and enjoy!

P.S. Spend the money on the binding as it is the one thing that will make the biggest difference to your riding enjoyment and comfort.

What happened to the sandle style bindings? I used to have a hyperlite with sandal style and loved them.......

AF1

Edited by Air Force 1

I don't want to argue because you are right it is all about personal preference...but for me...the murrays fit well at the mid of my foot and my toes were right there at the end so they were the right size...but the toe area wasn't very useful...(07 model)...like when I would lift my toes I had a good bit of room before they touched the boot...and yes they were the right size. the shanes are great for wide feet for a few reasons...first the footbed is wide, it also has a ridiculously cushy liner. its like a marshmellow around your foot. if you get in a hottub or something with them...that material really losens up and kind of forms around your foot. toes are snug too. you may not have had the right size boots...I used a buddy of mines boots and they were a size too small nd very uncomfy...but the right size and they are like gold! also if you can get to a place that sells them you can try them on dry...you don't need any lube at all!

Soooo…sounds like a closed toe may be the way to go???? :unsure:

Personally I like opened toe! Sandle style, but I haven't been able to find them......

Anyone?

Just an update...found a store that allows you to demo any of there products for a $10.00 deposit and $10.00 a day. So I'm going to try out the Liquid Force Vantage...I'll give an update soon! Thank for all the advise!