Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2 Launch pad 540 recliners in an 89 Euro F3

CHEYNESPUB

I am looking to get 2 540 pound launch pad recliners to go in the rear and to each side of the motor. I also have another fat buddy that I can ballance the front with if needed. Will this be to much rear weight or will the length of the recliners balance the boat bow and aft?

what I've found in my 03 response lx is that if your runnin that much towards the rear it get a lot better if you put more up front. I have a fatboy on the sides of the engine, another one in the rear (sometimes I put the fatsac seat bottom in the back which is a little more if noone will be sitting back there) and a fatboy on the seat in the bow. with the wedge down that's the best possible wake out of this hull that I've found...I've tried everything! the only thing you have to be careful with is dippin the bow, but as long as your cautious and hit the throttle a bit when your approachin a roller you'll be alright

I don't think it will be too much rear weight. If you have an open bow, it will be easy to move the ballast and people around to fine tune the wake. If you don't have an open bow I think you'll be OK with the lounge seats next to the motor and the fat buddy to move as needed. but, if you have a closed bow and a lot of people you might have a hard time getting enough weight forward.

You can always let some water out of the lounges.

We only added ballast to the front after we had a ton of weight in the back corner.

• 2 weeks later...

ive have the same thing and i find with the two recliner fully filled the factory one in the front was ok and i just added another 500 in the front is great and then just move ppl around to fine tune the wake