Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone here have a 200 Escape LSV or similar...

Arkid

Hi, I have a 2000 Escape and i'm re-doing the sound system. Problem is my boat is in AZ and i'm in CA so I was wondering if anyone had a similar boat could give me a couple of measurements so I can try to pre-fab as much as possible before going to the boat and doing the install.

Measurements needed....

Basically the space below the drivers console.... the opening height & width. Also the left hand wall of that space inside... height and depth. That's where I am planning to mount the new amps but i'm unsure of the amount of space down there. Another reason is that the old amps are down there and all the speaker wires are already wired to that area. I really don't fancy running more wire on top of all the other stuff.

I've seen a million pics of people mounting the amps inside the passenger storage space but we really use that space to keep our kids junk. I'm thinking it may be a good idea to get a measurement of that side too incase I can't cram all the stuff under the drivers side. Do Bu's all have the same size storage compartment? If so maybe someone already has the size of wood they used to fit the amps to the inside of the passenger storage.

Thanks a million if you can!!!!!

Paul.

Edited by Arkid
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished the day trip down to the lake to retrieve my boat. I'll take the measurements later tonight and send them to you. Do you have a heater or will it be open behind the footrest?

Just finished the day trip down to the lake to retrieve my boat. I'll take the measurements later tonight and send them to you. Do you have a heater or will it be open behind the footrest?

Hi, thanks for taking a look but I decided to go to the lake a day early so I can work on it. My plans have changed a lot as I have decided to move everything into the passenger storage after seeing everyone's setups. I collected all the crap I need and will hit it when I get there. Thanks for offering, greatly appreciated!!!!

I'll post pics in the stereo forum during/after the install.