Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

malibu safari hat

Lake.OD

I saw a friend of mine years back in a really cool Mastercraft safari hat... I would love a Malibu safari / fishing hat. I can't seem to find one... thoughts or ideas??

Thanks in advance

What is a safari hat???

Is it like the orginal boonie hat that I always wear?

It is like that.... I just bought a plain one, but I really wanted a Malibu one.

I've got an off white Malibu version that I picked up about 8 years ago - don't recall where I got it. It works great. It's made of canvas so on really hot days, I dip it in the lake and slap it back on to stay cool.

I litterally just bought a Boonie hat two days ago. Strange timing on this post. I've never thought about one before but I need to do a better job of keeping the sun off me this summer.

What is a safari hat???

Is it like the orginal boonie hat that I always wear?

post-23-1213286104.jpg Safari hat

Edited by LS-One

i've got one in mint condition with the late 80's malibu logo right on the front.

i used it the other day to remove the copper caps off my fence during a hail storm.

it was down under the passengers seat when i picked up my boat last spring....it's pretty sweet.

i'll post photos later today!

I had a Malibu Boonie hat simular to what your describing. It blew off my head and sank to the bottom of the lake. They don't make them anymore as far as I know.

Pretty cool on the cowboy hat! I like!

BTW - I just ordered a hat made by Outdoor Research. Just like a boonie but it has a little foam in the brim that floats it if it falls off. It was a couple bucks more but pretty cool. Set up for kayaks and such....

The picture posted is most definitely not a Boonie hat. Think of the wide rimmed hat the the Navy Seals wear when you think of the Boonie. Not some Tarzan movie English Safari guy hat. Whistling.gif

BTW, the cowboy hat is cool. Being a Yankee they don't play as well up here though.

I would think you could put a Malibu patch and strap on just about any hat or jacket. Just need to find the patch, time to look on e bay Thumbup.gif

The picture posted is most definitely not a Boonie hat. Think of the wide rimmed hat the the Navy Seals wear when you think of the Boonie. Not some Tarzan movie English Safari guy hat. Whistling.gif

BTW, the cowboy hat is cool. Being a Yankee they don't play as well up here though.

The pic I posted is a Safari hat. I relabled my post as such.

I was issued a couple of these, I always keep one in the boat.

That's the one. I can't believe that it took me this long to figure out that I needed one of these!

here is the one I found in my 89 sunsetter....looked like it had been in storage for a while!!!!

classic! Thumbup.gifYahoo.gif

I think I saw L.L. Cool J wearing one of those.