Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Starting to get the hang of it

DC-STRO

My kids are having a blast with this boat. We are getting better each time out. If it would only stop raining and the water would warm up we could get out more. Here is camera video of one of the boys from last week.

Crap My link quit working. Let's try it again.

Wakesurfing

Edited by DC-STRO
cool! the link doesn't seem to be working though...

Great video! We certainly enjoyed the view -- wish we would have seen it last nigt... "today" was our first time out on the surfboard -- kids and "mom" got up, but our wake wasn't nearly as hard or high -- our daughter let go of the rope for 20 seconds and we all laughed -- say good-bye to wake boarding! (except for me...)

Question;

1) What speed? (we had pp set for 10 mph -- your video looked quicker)

2) Weight? (we had center and rear corner plus wedge...)

3) Gas consumption - OMG! seems to be twice that of wakeboarding -- but it is "mom" happy... points.

Regards - Olive.

cool! the link doesn't seem to be working though...

Great video! We certainly enjoyed the view -- wish we would have seen it last nigt... "today" was our first time out on the surfboard -- kids and "mom" got up, but our wake wasn't nearly as hard or high -- our daughter let go of the rope for 20 seconds and we all laughed -- say good-bye to wake boarding! (except for me...)

Question;

1) What speed? (we had pp set for 10 mph -- your video looked quicker)

2) Weight? (we had center and rear corner plus wedge...)

3) Gas consumption - OMG! seems to be twice that of wakeboarding -- but it is "mom" happy... points.

Regards - Olive.

Depending on how many people are in the boat we run between 9.5 and 11 MPH.

We fill the port side rear and the front factory ballast. I added a 800 lb sac in the rear port side locker. The sac is bigger than the locker, but it fills the whole space. We have 8- 85 lb launch pad sacs that we move around to get the best weight. I also have about 8 people in the boat. I plan on adding a triangle sac in the front to see what it will do. I also put the wedge down.

Yesterday we had a kid ride behind our boat who is really good. He usually rides behind a 2006 X2 MC. He said that he really liked the height of our wake compared to the X2. And runs a lot more ballast than we do.

Awesome. My 13 and 14 year old sons wakesurfed for the first time this weekend. What a wonderful feeling. They both caught on really quick. Hope it continues to grow in their blood cuz their mama loves it!

If you're looking for a place to get loads of articles and how-to's on wakesurfing, check out www.wakeoutlaws.com. Lots of info on the sport!