Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cloth swim step

goochy

Anyone tried a cloth webstrap step ? Overtons has a jet ski swim step that hooks under seat . Would it work if I hook it on my eye hook on the center grab bar ? My inlaws have a hard time getting out of water . Would only need to use it a couple times of the year . Its $20.00 ?

Looks to me like you have the perfect excuse not to bring your inlaws along... why would you want to change that? Dontknow.gif

Seriously, I doubt that if they have a hard time getting on the platform that they have an easier time climbing up a rope ladder. I'm guessing that that thing will float around with the current and they will have a hard time even stepping into it.

Anyone tried a cloth webstrap step ? Overtons has a jet ski swim step that hooks under seat . Would it work if I hook it on my eye hook on the center grab bar ? My inlaws have a hard time getting out of water . Would only need to use it a couple times of the year . Its $20.00 ?

It can't hurt to try it for only $20. Have you looked at portable step ladders that you could strap to the platform?

Ever used a rope ladder of any kind yourself? The fact that there is nothing for your feet to push against makes them tough to use, especially if your a little out of shape.

Just an idea.... tell your father in-law your looking at various ideas. Tell him the cheap ones might be harder to use than the more expensive ones.

$10 says you not only make points with your wife's dad, he steps up with an offer to help with the cost. Rockon.gif

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
Dontknow.gif never tried a rope ladder , but it does sound hard to use. If I had the ladder hanging down , I was thinking 2 people could help hold it as she stepped on it ? I was hoping it would work, still might buy one ? I know I am not going to spend the money on the factory one , or even the aftermarket ones . Thanks for info

I used a old rope handle over the weekend for my step . I hooked the end of long handle to rear middle grab bar . The handle was a old trick handle with a small handle in the middle of it . I let it hang in the water , you put your foot in handle ( where your hands go ) then grab the small handle and pull yourself up . My inlaws used it and loved it . Yes a step would be safer , but this was free and it worked .

we still had to help some , just to steady it , but it worked good. Ladder would be better , but for a few times a year , handle worked great !

I would also add that with the product from overtons referenced above by the OP. that the dimensions are 12" x 48" the distance from the rear bar over the swim platform and into the water has got to be nearly 3 feet, leaving only 12" in the water which wouldn't help much. (I guess you could rig up some kind of extension). But for all that trouble it sounds like the OP devised an equally useful solutions for even less $$.

MalibuNation

Goochy, let us know the results ... I've been on a rope ladder and it's not super easy ... being in the water could help a tiny bit with the sway.