Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast Not Filling

Just wondering....Is there away to test the ballast pump. The drain pump appears to be working, however, when I switch on the fill pump, there is nothing. Could I hook a Fake-a-lake underneath and test it?

Does the pump turn on?

A fake a lake won't help it will just force water into the ballast tanks, really has to be done in the water.

I dont think it turns on. When I flip the switch on the drain pump I can hear the motor, but the fill pump is silent.

You probably have something stuck in the impeller, there is a small set screw on the pump. Remove this and unscrew the pump and you will probably find something clogging that impeller.

-Chris

Ok, another quick question. I removed the pump from the housing. Nothing appears to be stuck or even dirty. Does the blade or impeller move freely, mine does not move at all....so I am thinking it has seized?

Yup sounds like your pump is junk. Good news is you only have to replace that part you pulled out, the housing can stay where it is.

You just have to butt splice them into the existing wiring. You can buy the pumps online or your dealer should stock them.

-Chris