Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Boarding School

obski

We just got back from a week at The Boarding School in Florida. We have been there a couple of other times for a day, but this was the first time for a whole week. We had a blast and learned a lot. The last day we even had 'Barefoot Friday' and I had a short footing run for the first time ever. I am incredibly tired and sore everywhere on by body. Wakeboarding 3 to 4 times a day is brutal, but fun. We stayed in the house right on the lake.

I would highly recommend the experience to anyone that wants to improve their boarding and just have a good time. I would also recommend that you be in really good shape before you go or you won't last long. My daughter jammed her knee on the third day (aggravation of an old injury) so she was relegated to surfing for the rest of the week, but she already wants to make plans to go back again next year.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I have wanted to go in the past but my teenagers tell me I am to old (45) although they would like to go without me. What was the age range you had at the camp?

I was the oldest by far (50). My wife rode a few times. My kids that went are 20 and 24. There were two other kids there, one was a local 12yo and the other was a 13yo from Houston area that was brought to the house every day by his parents. They were staying in the Orlando area. The two younger kids kicked all of our butts. They were really good. The coaching was to each person's level though and very patient.

You are definitely not too old. The oldest they have had was a 67yo woman.

I was the oldest by far (50). My wife rode a few times. My kids that went are 20 and 24. There were two other kids there, one was a local 12yo and the other was a 13yo from Houston area that was brought to the house every day by his parents. They were staying in the Orlando area. The two younger kids kicked all of our butts. They were really good. The coaching was to each person's level though and very patient.

You are definitely not too old. The oldest they have had was a 67yo woman.

That is awesome Thumbup.gif I want to do something like that for water skiing this year.