Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VTX Power Wedge Help

Willy

I really had a chance to get out this week end and monkey with my boat. The power wedge seems to be almost useless on this one with the wake hull VS last years with the CD hull. Last year I was able to put the wedge in the furthest up/down position (indicator needle pointing north) full stock corner ballast, full center ballast and surf one of the biggest wakes I have seen. This year by boat WILL NOT pull the wedge if I get it over 1/2 way (9:00 on the guage). I tried starting with it down and moving it up as I was going surfing speed and wakeboard speed and at surfing speed it will just about stop the boat and at wake board speed it makes it porpoise like crazy. How could there be this much difference in the two hulls. I was hoping the wake hull would be better for surfing but it looks as though I may be wrong. Now I find myself wondering if I wasted my money on the power wedge?? It was a must have option for wake shape on the CD hull but looks to be pretty much worthless on the wake hull. For Reference; surfing I was running about 11mph and could barely get a surfable wake with the wedge all of the way down. I do not want to monkey with extra ballast!! It worked great last year with the CD hull!!

Boarding I had all but the bow tank full and I was running 21mph. Porpoise city with very little wedge!!

Any one else experience this?? I hate to think that I just spent $15,000 to down grade!!!!

I demoed an 07 VTX on a wake hull with a PW. With one of the side tanks full, mid and front ballast full, that boat threw a mean surf wake. I was very impressed that boat cold do that without extra bags. I think the PW was in the 12 o'clock position for this.

Sound like you're doing something wrong here....

I had my 07 VTX out this past weekend, I picked it up after memorial da. It has the wake hull and the power wedge, to start off the wedge either needs to be all the way up, like you're not using it or all the way down. Other wise it does not want to plane off. Once you get going though you should be able to adjust to whatever position you want. At least that is what I have noticed with mine. Great wake for surfing and boarding

I had my 07 VTX out this past weekend, I picked it up after memorial da. It has the wake hull and the power wedge, to start off the wedge either needs to be all the way up, like you're not using it or all the way down. Other wise it does not want to plane off. Once you get going though you should be able to adjust to whatever position you want. At least that is what I have noticed with mine. Great wake for surfing and boarding

Yup! That is what I am doing!! Maybe the calibration is off! 9:00 and it basically stops the boat! The old one we could start with it at 12:00 get up to about 13-14 then let the cruise take over @ 11mph and it was huge! Had problems running into the back of the boat at first till I got used to controlling the board!! (CWB Tsunami)

Edited by Willy