Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The Malibu Crew....signal-sign

winddawg

I have been a member for about 1.5 years and paid for about 1. I am a heavy internet user and really find the information, people, and topics extremely interesting.

I hardly know anyone on this site other than a few by screen name, which led me to the following idea. I think we need a wave, sign, signal or some way of showing other crew bu owners that we are part of this site. The stickers and t shirts are nice but that doesn't work very well when to bu's are passing each other in the water.

Maybe we could generate a top 5 or top 10 ways of doing this and voting on it and it becomes a way of signal one another. I ran this by my CFO and the idea flew with her so I am testing it with the crew.

Help from members and or mods to set this up the right way would be appreciated. And, yes many many years ago I was a frat rat and the idea came from those days.

I know what sign to use when someone pisses me off which is rather universal and can be seen from afar. So what would be good for us in a friendly way?

-Dave

PS I typed this from my blackberry so go easy on me with spelling and grammer mistakes.

MalibuNation
I have been a member for about 1.5 years and paid for about 1. I am a heavy internet user and really find the information, people, and topics extremely interesting.

I hardly know anyone on this site other than a few by screen name, which led me to the following idea. I think we need a wave, sign, signal or some way of showing other crew bu owners that we are part of this site. The stickers and t shirts are nice but that doesn't work very well when to bu's are passing each other in the water.

Maybe we could generate a top 5 or top 10 ways of doing this and voting on it and it becomes a way of signal one another. I ran this by my CFO and the idea flew with her so I am testing it with the crew.

Help from members and or mods to set this up the right way would be appreciated. And, yes many many years ago I was a frat rat and the idea came from those days.

I know what sign to use when someone pisses me off which is rather universal and can be seen from afar. So what would be good for us in a friendly way?

-Dave

PS I typed this from my blackberry so go easy on me with spelling and grammer mistakes.

How-a-bout the index finger, middle finger and ring finger and instead of holding them up, hold them down ... to make a M.

Ummmmmm, think I'll pass.

-Dave

How-a-bout the index finger, middle finger and ring finger and instead of holding them up, hold them down ... to make a M.

Ummmmmm, think I'll pass.

Do that around Lake Perris and you might get shot.

I think it should involve two cheeks.

tough when you're alone in your boat passing another Malibu at 45 mph....

Hint - they might be in a Malibu boat - doesn't mean they are on the site but wave at 'em anyway.

Then meet them and tell them about the site.

We had something similar at the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club website. we all put in AMBER Daytime Running Lights instead of the stock white ones......

Hmmmm...wonder if there is a CHEAP SIMPLE mod that we can do to let everyone know... what a great idea... we need to figure something out!

What about the themalibucrew.com stickers on the windshield Whistling.gif

I think you're on to something here. My thought is that the crew comes up with a modified sticker that would go on the driver's side windshield in a specific spot. Think about all of the firefighters... they always have the sticker on the back of their vehicle and you know exactly what it is. I also think it's a great idea to wave to all BU drivers in a friendly manner. Clap.gif

So we don't want gang signals, my eyes are not good enough to see the "Malibu Decal", two cheeks might get you in a fight. That leaves us with a decal-logo that a member would put in a specific spot on the boat. It probably needs to be something bright, easily spotted shape, and a specifc color to the Crew. Something like the Swag King's Avatar...

Any creative folks out there?

-Dave

A sticker of the new MalibuCrew T-Shirt logo (Survivor looking logo) would look smooth on the windsheld. Pretty easy to see/identify. Just a thought...

Also, my transom pad says it in big lettering...so you can't miss me (assuming one is following me)

I had one of the smaller ones on the back of our boat and somebody with a certain type of sun tan location rubbed all the black ink off, I didn't notice it until I got on the swim step and looked at it. I didn't spend much time trying to figure out who was guilty because it was my turn for a pull Thumbup.gif I "would" put one of those large ones on but I have the malibu logo right there.

Edit: My bad, I didn't notice is was a pad. I have a pad but it doesn't look that good Whistling.gif

Edited by 68Slalom

I think making a flag would make the most sense, and since just about everyone on here has a bimini top or a tower, it would be very easy to mount in a highly visible spot.

I'll have to think about that one. I think that I can get the flag made, but I'm unsure of the mounting. I think it would be best to make it mountable to a pylon, then it wouldn't matter if someone had a tower or not.

How about the gals do this.th_bringiton.gif

And the guys could do this.23.gif

Oh man, that's one of those thimgs that make you laugh all day. Every time it pops into my head I laugh out loud! Good post!!!