Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Installing Perfect Pass paddlewheel

Intense

So, it looks like I'll finally be getting the pieces together for a Perfect Pass system. (Yeah, I can change my signature). My question for those of you who have installed PP is; where did you install the paddlewheel on your boat?

I have a 98 Sunsetter LX direct drive. The only things I've aware of on the bottom of my boat are the engine compartment drain, raw water intake, and the fins. I guess I'd like to know where people with DD have installed the paddlewheel.

I'm thinking on the port side 6-7 inches from centerline, a couple feet back from the engine compartment drain. I figure that's far enough away from the drain thru-hull and fins to not be affected by turbulence.

thanks!

mike

I installed ours about 6 inches starboard of the engine compartment drain. I didn't have too many options due to other equipment and this gave the best location for me. One thing you'll want to check is access to the paddlewheel. It might be tight that far back. Also, I'd want to make sure that the paddlewheel wouldn't be interfered with (or dripped on) during filter (oil and gas) or transmission fluid changes.

You're gonna love PP!

About 6" port of the engine compartment T-handle drain - pretty much right under the alternator. I had a water temp sensor on the starboard side.

This leaves enough room to get the black panel at the front of the engine cover off without too much hassle.

There are a few threads on this site as well as others, that suggest theat the new PP stargazer can be installed without the paddlewheel.

For all of us who are not so happy drilling a new hole into our float.

If I was to install a new system I would cal PP first and verify this

BB

About 6" port of the engine compartment T-handle drain - pretty much right under the alternator. I had a water temp sensor on the starboard side.

This leaves enough room to get the black panel at the front of the engine cover off without too much hassle.

There are a few threads on this site as well as others, that suggest theat the new PP stargazer can be installed without the paddlewheel.

For all of us who are not so happy drilling a new hole into our float.

If I was to install a new system I would cal PP first and verify this

BB

Your boat already has the paddlewheel, so no holes to drill! The paddlewheel became standard in 2003.